Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no matter what setting air is on, it comes out all vents

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default no matter what setting air is on, it comes out all vents

i wasnt really sure where to post this but when i turn the air on feet, head, window, no matter what setting it comes out all the vents, now the dash was jsut replaced and the car was wrecked but i dont wanna deal with the body shop anymore. what all do i need to check? i pulled out the switches and they were all hooked up and i followed the lines in the dash as far as i could. what else could i check
Old 08-05-2004, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

i had a similar problem on my grand am and it had a vacuum line that was corroded, now where does the vacuum line lead to so i can check everything cause i gotta get it fixed
Old 08-05-2004, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually....pull that **** off. check it. it may have a hairline crack. if not, then the vacuum line i doubt is the issue cuz if your vacuum line is the problem, then it'd not work period on your dashboard vents(found this out when i had swapped my manifold and the vacuum line didn't stay on). its on the back of the intake manifold. one of the little regulators in the vacuum line might be out, or something in the a/c system might be. check out the **** and post back up.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

**** is fine. i messed iwth the vacuum lines and then went in the car and it worked for a sec i went from the face to the feet and when i went back to the face nothing came out of the dash just floor and defog. what all do i need to check in the back or the manifold. and what about the line that runs to the front of the car?