Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00' 3.8L V6 Exhaust.. and mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00' 3.8L V6 Exhaust.. and mods?

Im stuck with my V6 till im able to sell it and buy a Z28, but I also want to put some bolt ons so i can sell it faster and for more money. First thing Im looking to do is add a Exhaust system. Ive heard some 3.8L Montes with exhaust which sounded really good, and im sure it would also sound good on my car since they have the same engine. But im not to sure what exhaust is going to give me a good tone and what's going to make my car sound more like a V8, ive heard the SLP load mouth but I wasnt to impressed. Can anyone help me, Im looking at spending no more then $450. Ive seen Flowmasters for 299 and some other brands, but im not sure if they will fit on my 3.8L because those ones are for the LS1. And Im also looking at getting a pair of pacesetter headers for it too. But ive heard that you have to do alot of fabrication work on them to make them fit right. Also does anyone know if they make some kind of Heads and cam for the V6 and any other power adders?
Old 08-10-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StangKillaLS1
Im stuck with my V6 till im able to sell it and buy a Z28, but I also want to put some bolt ons so i can sell it faster and for more money. First thing Im looking to do is add a Exhaust system. Ive heard some 3.8L Montes with exhaust which sounded really good, and im sure it would also sound good on my car since they have the same engine. But im not to sure what exhaust is going to give me a good tone and what's going to make my car sound more like a V8, ive heard the SLP load mouth but I wasnt to impressed. Can anyone help me, Im looking at spending no more then $450. Ive seen Flowmasters for 299 and some other brands, but im not sure if they will fit on my 3.8L because those ones are for the LS1. And Im also looking at getting a pair of pacesetter headers for it too. But ive heard that you have to do alot of fabrication work on them to make them fit right. Also does anyone know if they make some kind of Heads and cam for the V6 and any other power adders?
Pretty much any bolt on won't add very much value if any to your car. You'd be better off selling it first, then using that money to modify the LS1 you're planning to get. Just my $0.02.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

www.firebirdv6.com, have you been there?

I would do a converter if you are A4.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would just save the money from the bolt ons and use that for your Z. Mods will not add much money at all, and the speed will not improve that well.