Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This one might be a little awkward, but here goes...

Old 08-24-2004, 02:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This one might be a little awkward, but here goes...

This may seem like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyways. I love the way borla sounds, but here is the problem, I hate rasp, and I love the sound of true duals. Well, problem is, Borla doesn't make a muffler small enough for what I want. The XR-1 is still too big to exit the rear like normal, not dumped, or so I have been told. If it isn't, please let me know. Anyways, the corvette system has those little stinger mufflers that I would be ***** and giggles for. Problem, borla doesn't sell them seperately, and no one seems to want to sell just those mufflers when they get rid of borla. Yes, I do know about the bullets and the sweet thunder mufflers, but that borla sound is just sweet music to me. Any suggestions, or for that matter, anyone who has the stinger system and is getting something else wanting to sell me mufflers? Maybe an ls1 shop who has removed that system and the owner didn't want it back, or you kept, doesn't matter? Appreciate any feedback.

P.S. I am getting LT's w/o cats in October with my exhaust system, hence why I mentioned rasp.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just stumbled across this...
http://www.jegs.com/photos/15740085.jpg
The demensions on that are 15''x5''x3.''
Do you all think that two of those could be fabbed into a true dual system similar to this?
http://www.sweet-thunder.com/images/testimonials/13.jpg
Old 08-24-2004, 05:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That photo of the sweet thunder true duals out the back, that looks so clean! Just i am not a huge fan of the borla tips.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone able to help me on this?

Search this Thread