Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After market Tach works for 30 seconds...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 05:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After market Tach works for 30 seconds...

I installed a after market tach in my car. I made sure the connections were good and all of that. Also, I remember someone telling me a while back to set the cylinder tab to 4 on my tach because of the LS1's coil pack setup.
The tach works great for about 30-45 seconds, then the needle goes to 0. It is almost like the tach works when the engine is in Open Loop. Then when it goes to CL or warms up, the tach stops working.
If I let the car sit a while and cool down, the Tach will work again for about 30 seconds or so then go to 0.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have the wrong wire for the tach signal, or your power source is turning off after that short time. WHere did you tap power?

Last edited by xssive; 08-26-2004 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xssive
Sounds like you have the wrong wire for the tach signal, or your power source is turning off after that short time. WHere did you tap power?
Figured it out. I traced the tach wire back and I had spliced it to somthing else earlier and forgot all about it. So whatever it was I was spliced to, was sending the tach signal to ground after so many seconds.
BUt I am good to go now.