Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bassani Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Bassani Exhaust

I know exhaust is a topic beat to death but I was just wondering if anybody is running the Bassani Cat-Back (not the true dual one), with LT's and high flow cats? I on LS1sounds.com they only have it with stock y and manifolds, it sounds great but I want a clip of it with the headers and cats.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:42 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Sorry, no sound clips but I had the Bassani SC (street Competition version, louder of the two they make) catback with Bassani mids (headers) on my WS6 (with a B1 cam) and for a while with the ORY, then later with RT highflow cats. Now I have the Bassani SC system on my '98 Z with stock manifolds/cats.

All I can say is, in every configuration it sounded great! Better than great actually. It was absolutley badass with the ORY and cam, sounded like a old school muscle car with a big motor. It was a little more mellow with the RT cats, but still you could hear the cam and plenty of sound at all points in the rpm band.

Comparing it to stock manifolds/cats, I would say you can double the volume of that if you go with LTs & cats, and triple the stock sound file for LTs with ORY.

No matter what you do, with this system it's gonna sound great! If you go LTs & ORY though, be prepared for it to be loud.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: New Bassani Exhaust