Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Y with jethot's longtubes? DID NOT FIT!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP Y with jethot's longtubes? DID NOT FIT!

Anybody runing the QTP dual cutout y-pipe? Me and a friend spent 4 hours instaling my Jet-hot Long tube headers and after all that we thought we were pretty much done so we started to put the y-pipe peice's together, well thats when the **** hit the fan , The driver side pipe would not go over the collector do to the bend of the pipe not having a sharp enough bend... so now Im running down the road with open headers! h

anybody else run into this problum with QTP's dual cut-out ypipe?

sb

Last edited by scottyballs; 02-20-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the QTP y pipe supposed to fit Jet Hots? I would think it would be designed for QTP headers. Contact QTP they are a top notch company.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

qtp's y-pipe is not compatible with jet hots
Old 02-19-2005, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

heres the link on there site that says it fits

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/...ct_detail&p=98
Old 02-20-2005, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, it clearly says it does fit.
Give them a call I guess.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

i ran a QTP y-pipe on my jet-hots for a year before I switched to the td setup. It took many, many hours getting to fit, but after it got welded up, I couldnt have asked for a better fit.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Funny how it fits every header out there but Kook's lol!
Old 02-20-2005, 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

I said screw it and orderd a jet-hot Y pipe Im sure Ill get a good fit since Im running jet-hots long tubes, plus I already have a cut-out in the I pipe before the muffler.. I can tell you guys this much thoe my ls1 sounds pretty bad *** with open headers!! however I cant hear my radio and my review shakes so bad I cant see the cars behind me lol...
Old 02-20-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had the exact same problem, dual cutout y and everything. Let me just say, I am now running true duals. . .
Old 02-20-2005, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

yeah I think I read about your problums in a search, you know it really sucks when you pay that much damn money for somthing that dont even fit....

anybody interested in buying this Y-pipe and cutouts Ill let it go for $450 shiped I dont really feel like dealing with QTP... Im sure it would be a simple fix for a muffler shop, my jet-hots snug really close to the floor board if yours dont it will probly fit I only have about a 1/4" at the most to work with...

sb
Old 02-20-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running their catted Y with my Jet Hots. Upon installation we found that the driver's side piece after the header collector was bent the wrong way to fit together. I had to have the muffler shop bend me a new 3" piece to make everything fit together correctly. My QTEC also fell apart. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

my bad, when i got my jet hots only the jet hot y and hooker y would fit
Old 02-21-2005, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah I e-mailed them and have not got a response from them yet! so not only dose there Y suck but so dose there customer service, Im sure if I called them they would tell me my problum is with my jet-hots but They fit like a glove so I dont even want to hear a bullshit line right now Im very pissed with this company....

sb
Old 02-21-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by scottyballs
Yeah I e-mailed them and have not got a response from them yet! so not only dose there Y suck but so dose there customer service, Im sure if I called them they would tell me my problum is with my jet-hots but They fit like a glove so I dont even want to hear a bullshit line right now Im very pissed with this company....

sb
I called them, and spoke directly with Barry, and he told me that -- this y-pipe must be installed professionally on a load type lift, by an exhaust or ls1 specialty shop.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just think the bottom line is that, if you have qtp headers, you should be fine, otherwise stay away from the qtp y-pipes.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:54 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah like it takes a rocket scientist to put the whole 4 pc. together please If somone is capable of puting headers on I think they could figure out a Ypipe
Old 02-23-2005, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scottyballs
yeah I think I read about your problums in a search, you know it really sucks when you pay that much damn money for somthing that dont even fit....

anybody interested in buying this Y-pipe and cutouts Ill let it go for $450 shiped I dont really feel like dealing with QTP... Im sure it would be a simple fix for a muffler shop, my jet-hots snug really close to the floor board if yours dont it will probly fit I only have about a 1/4" at the most to work with...

sb
Is it the electric cutout Y pipe? Pics to firebird1388@yahoo.com please.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm the friend that helped Scott install the Headers. I've installed at least 6 sets of headers (Including Macs, FLP, JetHots/Hookers and SLP's). I know how to assemble Ypipes and there was NO WAY IN HELL that the QTcraP Y-pipe was going to work with his headers. The angle and bends were entirely wrong for the drivers side header. It was going to take more than just a 'little tweaking" to get it to fit.

Scott-
Bro, I still feel badly that I wasn't able to get you rollin' down the road w/ a 100% complete car. But if it's any consolation....the car sounded like a monster (even from a mile away LOL). The kids on my street were scared to come out of their houses for 3 days afterwards...they thought the Boogey man had came from the depths of hell to claim their bratty asses.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

thats alright ebbs, its not your fault its QTP's fault for giving me a *ucked product oh and still no reply to my e-mail from them YET!
Old 02-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Banned

I just back today. I was out since friday. Did you once call us??? No you didnt. Instead your bitching about our product when it is your fault. Wanna know why, you ordered the Y pipe for the QTP header and not the Hooker/Jethot style. They are different. You are supposed to choose the style you want online and you didnt specify the Jethots. Instead you are online complaining and badmouthing us for your mistake. Why would we jump threw hoops for you now. When you are making more trouble and didnt pick up the phone and tells us what the problem is. We would have easily taken care of it. And its very easy to correct. You just need a different part for the Jethot header. And one of your posts you already stated you wanted to sell it. So sell it.