Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth or loudmouth 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loudmouth or loudmouth 2

Zup fellas! I recently got my stock 2001 SS and I want to either put the loudmouth or the loudmouth 2? Any Ideas. Sound quality, which one is better? Thanx
Old 03-30-2005, 06:40 AM
7 Second Club

if you are going to heavily mod your car dont get the loudmouth.... or the loudmouth 2

i have the loudmouth and i wish i had got the hooker aero chamber...

with long tubes and ory its loud and raspy as ****...

i even put a bullet in place of the resonator...

Tyler
Old 03-30-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Yep, they are loud as ****..... Once the cats are off, sound quality is nonexistant. Just loud and WOT loud.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

its really not that bad.......

now, my car is crazy loud with the new motor and lt'z wth cats.....but to raspy....the tone its deep like i would like it but im working on that....

personally, though they are light, i would get the hooker, best sounds, hands down. People are gonna stand by there choice so go with wat you like...

i like the hooker because its a deep tone and thats my taste.

If your not going to drop a set or lt, which everyone says they wont and they do anyways.....i would tell you to get teh loudmouth. if you dont want a LOUD exhaust...( hehehehe, the name just kills me...its called a loudmouth, why would we all expect anything else but a loud exhaust..) stick with a chambered muffler, it would sound great an when you DO drop the LT'z, the tone will stay deep and be as loud as my loudmouth with stock manifolds and cats, which is when they sound good...

good luck
Old 03-30-2005, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

down the line if you will be modding and putting longtubes along with an ory i would wait and go with a x pipe or true dual setup, but the loudmouth definetely sounds badass