Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud Mouth II bullet muffler Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud Mouth II bullet muffler Install

Install: Well, it took a good part of the afternoon to install the new muffler onto my existing loud mouth exhaust and it was a f'n hassle! I had the old style (i guess) loudmouth that had the resonator welded in so first we had to cut it out. Once that was finished we found that the new muffler and old exit pipe was the same diameter (not just a slip fit like we were hoping). Once that was attached the pipe before the old resonator had a bend in it that needed to be replaced with a straight run to the y-pipe (a trip to the auto parts store ensued) and after all is said and done it just doesn't look right (pics coming tonite hopefully)

Sound: the muffler made a hell of a difference overall in the sound quality of the car. Where it used to rasp - its more mellow. And where it DRONED at around 2500 -3000 RPM - its much quieter. At full throttle - its still loud as hell

Im sure this prolly bolts right into the newer style LM's so anybody whose looking to quiet there car up a bit I can recommend this to - old style LM owners might want to think twice about it tho.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Anyone have any idea what a ball-park cost of having this done at a shop would be? How well did it cut down on the drone? It seems like you were experiencing drone at a much higher RPM then me. I usually get really annoyed at 1800 - 2200 RPM. It sounds like you aren’t completely happy with the switch – would you recommend any others that you have personally heard?
Old 04-26-2005, 01:55 PM
7 Second Club

70 bucks tops for me.... plus the 25$ muffler
Old 04-26-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you buy dynomax bullet from summit, its $36. Then to weld it probably $80. I looked into having this done. Shops like to sell the bullet muffler itself for $80. I was quoted $150-$200 after going to several shops.