Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search didnt help. Headlights pulsing, guages, voltage drop & another prob. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Search didnt help. Headlights pulsing, guages, voltage drop & another prob. HELP

Sorry if this is a re-occuring post. But I want to solve this tomorrow.

Basically at night my guages and headilghts all pulse or flicker I guess you could say. When I come to a stop light the voltage will quickly drop under 13 and then jump back up barely past 13 where it will stay no matter what the rpm.

I dont know if its related and I honestly dont think it is but, I hear a sound that is hard to describe at exactly 3000 rpm-3200rpm in all gears. I guess it sounds like a spinning, whining, whistling noise. I thought it was my stock clutch but I have since put in a new tranny and clutch but the sound still occurs.

I guess its similar to when you hear a turbine starting up. Sorry... very hard to explain this sound. I thought it could now possibly be the alternator?

I have checked all grounds that I can see. Clean them and reinstalled to no prevail. I have also checked both posts on the battery and cleaned them as well.

Any help is appreciated. If the sound I hear isnt related and you have had a similar experience with either the sound or lights, please, chime in.

Thanks
Brandon

Also.. if this is in the wrong section I appologize. I thought electronics but then again it could be external since its alternator and the noise I am hearing? So if this is moved I understand.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you have an aftermarket stereo?
Old 04-18-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

No. I dont.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

alternator?
Old 04-18-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Swang
alternator?
That's what I'm thinking. I don't know much about electrical problems though.

Quick Reply: Search didnt help. Headlights pulsing, guages, voltage drop & another prob. HELP