Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP non-sfi w/Gates main belt

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASP non-sfi w/Gates main belt

Is this mod worth it? Is there any issues with not powering the alternator enough? My car is a daily driver so that would be an issue. Is the non sfi an issue if I'm not doing a cam anytime soon?
Old 04-19-2005, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

Yes its worth it. Do you have an a4 or m6? M6 will have no issues at all charging. The a4 will be fine the lights may go a little dim while stopped but nothing to worry about. The non sfi is no problem except if you use a double roller timing chain. A lot of people have been using the ls2 single chain so you could do that when you do the cam or you could have it machined to fit the dbl roller. I have a non sfi and its works great on my a4.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Teching In

thanks. I appreciate it!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
Yes its worth it. Do you have an a4 or m6? M6 will have no issues at all charging. The a4 will be fine the lights may go a little dim while stopped but nothing to worry about. The non sfi is no problem except if you use a double roller timing chain. A lot of people have been using the ls2 single chain so you could do that when you do the cam or you could have it machined to fit the dbl roller. I have a non sfi and its works great on my a4.
how do you know which pulley you have?
i just bought one off ebay. its completely blank. no part #'s or anything. i know its an asp, because ive seen them before.
im about to do a cam swap, and have a double chain going on.
im screwed.