Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock internals w/p1-sc and 5177 NOS kit how do i get to 500rwhp.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock internals w/p1-sc and 5177 NOS kit how do i get to 500rwhp.

i got a 2000 camaro. stock ls1 with all emissions crap. i got SLP LT's, wide open borla catback, high flow cats, p1-sc blower seeing 6psi at 6k rpms, i got a walbro 255lph intank and a A1000 inline to boost the fuel. I just had the car tuned. my fuel table was totally flat, and the car ran rich, so we went from 390rwhp to 434rwhp & 404tq after the tune. It was a conservative tune, we kept the KR feature in there since its a stock valve train and block. So we had to pull a bit of timing to get rid of the 1-2 degree of KR uptop, which was probably false. Right now i have a tiny jet in my 5177 kit its a .014 jet good for 10hp i think. just used to cool down the IAT's, i saw like a 5 hp gain from it.

What do you think is the best cost efficient way for me to get to 500rwhp? i've been looking at a fm7 cam which alot of people see results over 500rwhp. but this is gonna be costly for me, since i wouldnt be able to install the cam and would have to pay labor. Also i would need to beef up my heads for the 7k rev limit. What kind of parts would i need to upgrade on the stock heads to handle the new cam? What about my nitrous? what do you think is highest jet i can run safely as i am right now?
Old 04-29-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what other boltons do you have other than lts and catback. A ls6 intake or fast intake would help get more air into the motor. I dont know much about the fm7 cam but you want a reverse spilt cam with the blower, more EX lift and dur than IN. you also want a tight lsa 114 min.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

I wasn't aware that the heads needed beefing up for the fm7 cam, I just ordered all the standard cam install parts, gaskets, hardened pushrods etc.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

If you have to ask about cost efficiency, then you don't want 500rwhp.

You should think about a new cam and/or more boost. But now we're talking about pushing the envelope with the stock bottom end. Maybe upgraded rod bolts will prolong the inevitable.