Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

guys please help me out with my exhaust...i need it.

Old 05-03-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guys please help me out with my exhaust...i need it.

ok it is time for me to get my exhaust done and i know EXACTLY what i want...unfortunatelyi know exactly what i can/want to spend. So i am going to look for your help.

First off i would love to get any pics of true duals setups that i can if you have a pic somewhere and you can post it or link it that would be AWESOME!

Now what i want is LT headers(of course) and then true duals with an X, no cats, Borla XR-1 mufflers, and under the axle to CME with the one piece valence.

I dont however want to spend 600 on true duals and then 250 on mufflers and then 50 or so to get the mufflers rewelded in...

i have a close buddy that owns an exhaust shop and his guys can probobly fab me up a true dual system if i buy all the parts and then pay them to do it of course...

I would probobly buy all the 3" tubing from jegs and then have them fab up the set up and i would/could show pics of how i would like it.

What bends would i need to get it out to under the axles?

Please help me out
Thanks
Louie
Old 05-04-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 inch pipe under the axle is a type fit. most that run 3 inch either dump before the axle or by the bmr relocation kit to allow the 3 inch over the axle so there is not any clearence issues.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by snake charmer
3 inch pipe under the axle is a type fit. most that run 3 inch either dump before the axle or by the bmr relocation kit to allow the 3 inch over the axle so there is not any clearence issues.

how would something like a 3 inch into the borlas and then a 2.5 inch after them...and then over/under the axle? maybe a 3in in and 3in out borla on each side and then a reducer on both sides?

I doubt that the borla can flow that much more than a wide open 2.5 inch pipe...right?

Thanks
Louie
Old 05-04-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

The XR is just a pipe with holes inside going to steel wool. I do not think there is any restrection at all. I think that u should go with 2.5 all the way if u use 2 pipes.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a 3in 4.5 x7 x 12 xr-1 for sale if you want it cheep.

Search this Thread