Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techies, which waterpump for a 427?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techies, which waterpump for a 427?????

The Evans and the Meziere both come out over $500. Seems like I could just install a huge radiator and oil cooler for less than that. Anyway, for my 427 buildup, the Evans($469) is mechanical and uses 3 bottles of the waterless fluid, ($25 each), and precleaner-$20 each). The Meziere is electric, freeing up hp, but is still $549.(bottleneck extra) What's the most cost effective way to go here????????? I want it badass, but it's still my date car and take on trips, so I need my a/c. thanks David
Old 05-05-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

whats wrong with stock? there are several cars that still have the stock pump with 400+ ci. and from what i've seen the electrics dont really free up that much, maybe a couple hp, not much... guess the savings in weight might be worth it....
Old 05-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Brandon
whats wrong with stock? there are several cars that still have the stock pump with 400+ ci. and from what i've seen the electrics dont really free up that much, maybe a couple hp, not much... guess the savings in weight might be worth it....
The issue seems to be that it is a wet sleeved block, not dry. And the Evans seems to be the only thing for it, it flows 68 gpm.