Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Lt's + Hooker ORY and catback review

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 04:34 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thumbs up Pacesetter Lt's + Hooker ORY and catback review

well I just finished doing this install sunday. I cannot thank SLP Cars '98 for all his help. The install was very straight forward. Headers fit very nice. The only plorblems we had (although very minimal) drivers side needed the engine to be lift an inch to fit the header in. that maybe took an extra 2 minutes. needed to remove the heatsheild on the floor for the pass side but other than that they just slide right in. The Y pipe needed a little coaxing. there was a 12inch peice that slipped over the drvier side header and I would not fit, so out came the hammer and 2x4....after a few minutes it was good. then where the y pipe met the head pipe it was a little tight but we opened the head pipe a little with some pliers and it was all good. the catback install was very easy and straight forward. I still need to mess with my tailpipes due to a small alignment issue.

we finished the car at about 10:45 that night and decided to fire it up....at idel it is a little louder than stock the noise starts to build at about 2k and by 4k people start to really look at you, and once you hit 5k people are running away. It screams at WOT. The first time I rolled onto the throttle my smile was huge. I am still adjusting to the smell of my exhaust.....The butt dyno is telling me that I have picked up some mid range power. in 4th gear 50-90 seams to come a lot fasterthan it did. and up top, hold on cause it pulls real good power comes on in an extremely linear fashion. I had a friend with me today and his exact words were "wow thats some hard, smooth acceleration. there is some rasp when it shifts or I let up on the gas but I kinda like the sound. maybe I am just weird. All in all I am very pleased with how this car sounds and moves. people say that appearence mods turn heads, but I will turn more heads with these than any appearence mods will ever. Finally, my gound clearence is great, headers tuck up nice, ypipe rubs but does not bang at all from what I can hear, but then again I have never heard or felt a Y pipe bang before. nothing beats 5k coming out of school and hearing is echo off cars and houses...

Old 05-10-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my hooker CB. Mines alitle raspy too but i dont mind. Also you will know when the y pipe hitts the floor it right under you and it annoying as ****. congrats.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:11 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookin great man. I am getting Pacesetters next, glad it all worked out for you. Gotta love the volume, huh? lol

Brad
Old 05-10-2005, 05:52 PM
TECH Resident

I have the same set up, I will be adding cats as soon as I get the money. Your y pipe bang the floor as bad as mine?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

Sweet, same setup i'm gonna have here shortly. Already have the Hooker catback, bout to order the headers and the ory.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

make sure you do not buy the PACESETTER ORY https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/319650-pacesetter-y-pipe-pos.html
Old 05-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Launching!

looks good, SLPCars 98 is a friend of mine, i talked to him about installing those headers a few times before he finished. He said they were pretty easy. As soon as my car is all back together with fresh rear end. We will have to go cruising at some point before my car is at FLP for a few "little" things
Old 05-18-2005, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pooter 00 WS6
make sure you do not buy the PACESETTER ORY https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319650
I went with TSP y-pipe with hi-flo cats.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

Figured I'd revive this than start a new thread.... but I was looking for the header install guide on ls1howto.com, and i'm not seeing it?! Is it just me or is it not there anymore? Got my headers a couple days ago and I'd like to look that guide over before i attempt to install them.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Payne01SS
Figured I'd revive this than start a new thread.... but I was looking for the header install guide on ls1howto.com, and i'm not seeing it?! Is it just me or is it not there anymore? Got my headers a couple days ago and I'd like to look that guide over before i attempt to install them.
I dont remember reading one for the F-Body but heres the one for the C5 Vette. http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=29
Old 05-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Payne01SS
Look in jrp's exhaust sticky. I think there is a guide in there.

As for the Pacesetter and Hooker CB setup I have to say that I love it as well. Doesn't drone or sound like *** inside like my LM did, and outside it sounds mean. Also picked up 20hp/20ft/lbs with the whole setup.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chevy01SS
Look in jrp's exhaust sticky. I think there is a guide in there.

As for the Pacesetter and Hooker CB setup I have to say that I love it as well. Doesn't drone or sound like *** inside like my LM did, and outside it sounds mean. Also picked up 20hp/20ft/lbs with the whole setup.
Cool, thx. I picked up over 2/10's at the track with just the catback and porting the tb. So I imagine the headers and Y pipe should get me about the same...? we'll see.