Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some info/help on new intake/exhaust set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need some info/help on new intake/exhaust set up

ok so i have whats listed in my sig now and will be looking for some more power once i find some more money lol here is what i was thinking

i want to go with a 90mm intake, i was thinking about going with FAST intake and nick williams tb from what i have read. are there any issues with the fast intake? i have also read on that about the map sensor sealing right?? i also want to take the FAST markings on the intake and get it powdercoated a metallic black color like my tb and coil pack holders, and also get the new TB coated as well. id like to find a shop that can do this at a good price and where i can have it all done at one place, i know its not gonna be cheap, prob damn 1300 bucks or so for the whole set up, but if i dont get the power and time out of this set up now i will end up going with this. what do you guys think of it and any sponsors you recommend going to??

i also want my emission tubes gone from my headers, i have been debating whether or not to get some new kooks or if someone could weld mine shut, while they are on the car still, those bastards are on there good and wont come off unless cut from the ypipe. is there any way to fit a welder in there and not screw anything else up and then beable to clean the weld up so its no ugly looking? i dont wanna spend too much money, although it may sound like i dont care, i do lol
Old 05-18-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone? anything else have to be done when swapping intakes out or no?