Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't decide on my exhaust setup after headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't decide on my exhaust setup after headers

Ok, so right now I have a rumbler catback. I'm getting pacesetter coateds from TSP. Here's my dilemma:

Should I get a catted y and just throw some cutouts before the cats, or should I go with a true dual setup...keeping in mind that I'll have to find another way to get inspected?

How much louder would my current exhaust, the rumbler catback, get with some longtubes and new aftermarket catted y in front of it? How does the sound level of cutouts compare to a true dual setup with standard bullets?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

i just got my LT's on not too long ago with my rumvler. with the ORY it was loud as hell. but once i put the cats on it it really sounds good. maybe not quit as loud as i would like at lower rpm's but at WOT it screams and it has no rasp!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

personally i hate cutouts. manual ones are a pain, electric ones are expensive and they all sound like

I've only been in TX for a year, but I already know a couple of guys who live in the cities and are able to get by with less-than-legit exhausts. Texas, even in urban areas, is no where near as bad as Cali or the north east. Im sure you can get by.

Headers with or without cats will make any cat back louder.

For everything else, just do some re*search* on here and Listen to www.ls1sounds.com to figure out how to get the sound/performance you're after.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
personally i hate cutouts. manual ones are a pain, electric ones are expensive and they all sound like

I've only been in TX for a year, but I already know a couple of guys who live in the cities and are able to get by with less-than-legit exhausts. Texas, even in urban areas, is no where near as bad as Cali or the north east. Im sure you can get by.

Headers with or without cats will make any cat back louder.

For everything else, just do some re*search* on here and Listen to www.ls1sounds.com to figure out how to get the sound/performance you're after.
The problem with ls1sounds is that EVERYTHING sounds good on there
Old 07-28-2005, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by taintedmeat
Ok, so right now I have a rumbler catback. I'm getting pacesetter coateds from TSP. Here's my dilemma:

Should I get a catted y and just throw some cutouts before the cats, or should I go with a true dual setup...keeping in mind that I'll have to find another way to get inspected?

How much louder would my current exhaust, the rumbler catback, get with some longtubes and new aftermarket catted y in front of it? How does the sound level of cutouts compare to a true dual setup with standard bullets?
get a catted y if you dont want it to be wicked loud. cause im telling you when you do a ORY with something like rumbler its gonna SCREAM
Old 07-28-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
get a catted y if you dont want it to be wicked loud. cause im telling you when you do a ORY with something like rumbler its gonna SCREAM
I want scream, but I don't want a lot of rasp.