Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's & ORY / Cutout / Stock Exhaust

Old 07-30-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT's & ORY / Cutout / Stock Exhaust

I've been running True Duals for a while now and the sound level is starting to get to me. I've thought about running them out the back but think the car might still be too loud. I've got Pacesetter Lt's and will be purchasing an ORY. My thought is to run stock exhaust and place a cutout in the I pipe.
Has anyone done this? Bad Idea, good idea, and your reasoning???
Thanks in advance...

Kevin
Old 07-30-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran that setup for a while.. but in all honestly, i left the cutout open 99% of the time. It sounds good, but i hated all the extra weight with the muffler. Plus, with the cutout closed, it was wayyyyy too quiet. I got so used to the sound, that now i daily drive my 408 with no muffler or cats. Whenever i need to quiet it down for a sleeper-type car, i just put my hooker muffler back on.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my friend runs lt's orp cutout and an slp dual/dual.

car sounds EXTREMELY mild with the cutout closed, and only gains like 6 hp with it open
Old 07-30-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm thinking about going with the SLP Dual/Dual over stock. Thanks for the input so far guys..

Kevin
Old 07-31-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running stock catback with the cutout and i just leave it open 99% of the time.I did gain 12hp through the cutout over the stock exhaust
BTLFEDSS
Old 07-31-2005, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

I am going to be doing the same thing. I just ordered Pacesetters, ory and plan on running the stock exhaust with a cut out.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

Default Pacesetters?

Yea, im looking to do the same setup, LT's with a cutout in the Y or I and stock exhaust. How do you guys like the Pacesetter LT's? Painted or Coated? Im torn between gettin a pacesetter type painted/coated or stainless steel LT's

Just wondering how do the pacesetters hold up?

Thanks
Old 07-31-2005, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

I've been running this setup for about 6 months. I get compliments on the sound all the time. I also leave the cutout open 95% of the time. But its cool to be able to have a really quiet car when I want to.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Launching!

I have longtubes ORY, cutout and stock WS6 exhaust, and I love it. My old setup was true duals and it sounded great but the drone was ready to put me in the nut house, I could never enjoy the radio. With my current setup all I have to do is open up the cutout for loud sound, then when I cruise on the freeway I close it up. If I open the cutout all the way it sounds like Nascar, so whats nice about the cutout I can just open it up partway if I want it loud but not obnoxious. Its pretty funny as well cause I get more kids that hear the car sounding stock then wanting to race, but when I open up the cutout and let it roar the faces light up with amazement and fright.

bass685 most people say go with coated headers like pacesetter, but having bought Jet Hot hookers and watching them rust was actually quit painful, all that money down the drain. Some people have no problems but many others like myself get rust on them. I would say either get stainless steel which won't rust or black painted ones which will rust. I myself went with painted ones cause the thought of paying 800-1200 bucks for stainless just wasn't in my budget, and frankly the rusted headers don't look to bad, they look like my stock manifolds.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks d james for the great response
I was thinkin the same way, that the enevitable rust would blend in better.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for all the replies.. I assume you guys are running electric cutouts when you say half way open?

Bass685 go with the coated. Not only do they look great but they are less likely to rust and help keep the heat down...

Kevin

Search this Thread