Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rumbler cat back with no resonator/muffler??

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Rumbler cat back with no resonator/muffler??

Rumbler cat back/SLP Loud mouth, with no resonator/muffler??? Did anyone tried that before? How would it sound? will it sound just like an open cut out or will it have a nice tone to it being open all the way but since going all the way back not like a cut out in the middle of the car? I want something EXTREMLY LOUD, but I want performance loud not just obnoxious loud like a cut out. Let me know what you think guys ????!!!?????
Old 08-29-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

what is the difference? performance loud is obnoxious loud...I have the rumbler...and it seems pretty quiet to me. when i was putting it on..i had a cutout on my slp dua/dual...and then i took that off and had it dumped right after the y pipe....it sounded similar to the cutout. why don't you get some pacesetter headers and tsp true duals with sweet thunders...that'll sound nice
Old 08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

I allready got LT's headers, and eventually I'll go with true duals but until than I was looking on cheap and easy way to make my rumbler cat back louder but still I don't want it to sound like an open cut out!!! my question was If cat back with out muffler or any kind of resonator (I would weld in a piece of stragiht pipe in place of the resonator ) will sound just like an open cut out or not?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I SAID open y pipe...which is basically the same as a straight pipe back sounded pretty close to my cut out.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
I SAID open y pipe...which is basically the same as a straight pipe back sounded pretty close to my cut out.
Open y pipe is not the same as a straight pipe back over the axle, and I DID HAD a cut out after y pipe in front of the resonator where most people install thier cut outs WHICH IS THE SAME AS AN OPEN Y PIPE dude, and I personally didn't like it, I wanted to know if a straight pipe back over the axle would sound any better than a cut out in the I pipe??? It's obvious that it will sound a little different since it has to go through the whole cat back, not like the cut out in the I pipe or open y pipe like SOME people call it, lol.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:55 AM
On The Tree

Come on guys, plese help, what you think, does it makes sense at all to do that ???
I just want to know if a straight pipe back over the axle (like a cat back without any muffler/resonator) would sound any better than a cut out in the I pipe???
Old 08-30-2005, 03:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Super Sport Beast
Come on guys, plese help, what you think, does it makes sense at all to do that ???
I just want to know if a straight pipe back over the axle (like a cat back without any muffler/resonator) would sound any better than a cut out in the I pipe???
Not really, IMO. I would think youd need something in there to cut down on some of the rasp. I think a cutout would sound better, personally.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:13 AM
On The Tree

what if I would ad some short resonators or mufflers and install them in the tail pipes, one on each side??????????????????
Old 08-30-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

Do you have LT's? A buddy of mine has a Loudmouth with 12" bullets in the tailpipes. That couple up with LT's and a small B1 cam makes his car sound like a fukin dump truck. Sounds really raspy and nasty to me. Bullets in tailpipes will not kill rasp or drone.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kpowr82
Do you have LT's? A buddy of mine has a Loudmouth with 12" bullets in the tailpipes. That couple up with LT's and a small B1 cam makes his car sound like a fukin dump truck. Sounds really raspy and nasty to me. Bullets in tailpipes will not kill rasp or drone.
Yeah I do have LT's, so I guess I'll just leave my rumbler like it is and just wait till I'll be able to get me a set ot True duals, Thanks guys !!! TTT !!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Regular

With stock manifolds and cats, it will sound loud like an old school loud. Add an ory and LT's and you will have rasp city.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

I believe HumpinSS has straight pipes all the way back, his might be duals though i never asked. It sounds mean as hell though. But it is tremendously loud, especially at idle, well, especially when the car is running. lol
Old 09-01-2005, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by spy2520
I believe HumpinSS has straight pipes all the way back, his might be duals though i never asked. It sounds mean as hell though. But it is tremendously loud, especially at idle, well, especially when the car is running. lol

lol