Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if you get qtp lts jethot coated will they rust in time like the cheaper headers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 03:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if you get qtp lts jethot coated will they rust in time like the cheaper headers?

i know the jethot longtubes rust in time and so do the pacesetters but if i got qtp longtubes jethot coated would they rust? would it hurt anything performance wise with the headers?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

headers w/ rust wont hurt performance. any coating will eventually flake and rust. just depends on what shop does the coating and how much u pay. i heard coatings from jet hot fail after 2 years. depends where u live etc etc. if u want to avoid rust get ss headers.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:12 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02blkws6vert
i know the jethot longtubes rust in time and so do the pacesetters but if i got qtp longtubes jethot coated would they rust? would it hurt anything performance wise with the headers?
QTP's are Stainless Steel. They're jewels. Why coat?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:18 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

burning money....do the SS and you wont have to coat.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not burning money. coatings decrease the heat that radiates from the pipes. Stainless, although a great metal, is a metal, and conducts heat very very well. Ceramics are great insulators. The increased heat inside the tubes will help velocity slightly (maybe not noticeably...) and keep the engine bay cooler. And the engine bay cooler is definately a good thing.
just what i've gathered
olly
Old 12-15-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
not burning money. coatings decrease the heat that radiates from the pipes. Stainless, although a great metal, is a metal, and conducts heat very very well. Ceramics are great insulators. The increased heat inside the tubes will help velocity slightly (maybe not noticeably...) and keep the engine bay cooler. And the engine bay cooler is definately a good thing.
just what i've gathered
olly
Im with you. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the extra $250 to get my Kooks with ceramic coating.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer your question, no, they will not rust even if the coating chips off, because the headers are stainless steel.