LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation III External Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine-6/)
-   -   Which SLP cat-backs??? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/423857-slp-cat-backs.html)

98Trans 12-18-2005 01:58 AM

Which SLP cat-backs???

Well, I wanna go with LT's and true duals.....but I'm in WA state, and every shop here wont install true duals. (I had no idea WA had emissions laws) But anyways, I will eventually be going back to CA....so I'm just going to go with Cat-Backs. Which do you guys recommend??? ....I just want this car as loud as it can be, legal. Thanks!

Lithium 12-18-2005 02:10 AM

As loud as possible and legal? loudmouth I or the TSP rumbler.

I am going going, back to back to Cali Cali

Couldnt resist.

ULTIMATEORANGESS 12-18-2005 02:58 AM

i think a dual dual sounds good with LTs.

98Trans 12-18-2005 03:09 AM

Can you run headers into a cat-back and still be legal????

ULTIMATEORANGESS 12-18-2005 04:16 AM

apparently here LTs are illegal but depending on where you are and what type of inspection in most cases if you have cats you should be ok.

RPM WS6 12-18-2005 11:48 AM

There is no LS1 LT header that will pass in CA. Either you'll have to pay someone off :secret: , or swap back to the stock stuff for inspection.

I guess another option would be to keep the car regestered out of state.....

Order 66 12-18-2005 12:11 PM

SLP Dual Dual sounds real nice. Deep mellow sound to it.

98Trans 12-18-2005 12:28 PM

So one more question, the Dual Duals.......or the TSP Rumbler Cat-Back? My only problem with keeping it registered in WA is, eventually I will have to register it back to CA. I dont know, I probably could pull some shady stuff off......but I think I'll wait till I get to CA to do it! Thanks a lot for all the help guys!

Lithium 12-18-2005 12:34 PM

Well the dual dual is going to sound really mellow and quite for the most part. It also flows really good, so you want a quite free flowing exhaust go for the SLP dual dual. However the Loudmouth I and II and the Rumbler are going to be loud. Both flow really good as well. To me it sounds like you want the original Loudmouth. You can also just throw a cutout on...I am not sure if that legal here in Cali...my guess in no.

SouthFL.02.SS 12-18-2005 12:37 PM

D/D vs. Rumbler is apples and oranges.
D/D is a stainless steel, full muffler catback that flows extremely well for being so quiet.
Rumbler is an entery level catback that cures the Rasp problem of the Loudmouth by having a bullet style muffler in the I-pipe instead of a resonator.
Long story short, both are catbacks. D/D is quieter than a Rumbler. D/D costs more and won't rust. Rumbler is pretty cheap and sounds good.
Sound is very subjective, so visit ls1sounds.com

davered00ss 12-18-2005 12:43 PM

LT's are illegal in CA. Get the loudmouth for sound. :)

KrazyDan 12-18-2005 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by davered00ss
LT's are illegal in CA. Get the loudmouth for sound. :)

Loudmouth for sound :confused: ...... :barf: . Loudmouth flow very well though.
get the dual/dual for flow and sound

Lithium 12-18-2005 04:47 PM

He is looking for loud. Loudmouth does sound pretty good in my opinion (stock manifolds and y). Other than that :barf:

98Trans 12-18-2005 05:33 PM

Judging by LS1sound.com......I really like the sound of the Rumbler myself, big difference from stock to it! Have you guys seen the tips for the Rumbler though? I've seen the ovals....and I dont care for them on T/A's. Anyone seen the other tips?

Lithium 12-18-2005 05:37 PM

Really? I think those smoked oval would look really good on a T/A.

Lithium 12-18-2005 05:39 PM

It looks like they have some different choice in tips actually... Magnaflow and Ractivs.

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=195&catid=46

98Trans 12-18-2005 05:51 PM

I guess I'll just give them a call, find out what the Ractivs look like. Hope they're not oval too....I'd rather have dual tips myself. Those oval tips look awesome on the Camaros though! JMO