Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats your Opinion?? Tell me your thoughts old LS1 guru's!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats your Opinion?? Tell me your thoughts old LS1 guru's!!!!

Tell me what your thoughts and opions are on these following headers. I want to get myself a set of LT's and ORY for my 02 TA....

Hooker Headers
QTP
Kooks

I've been doing a bit a research for quite some time now and I still would like more opinions from you folks who actually own a set. Let me know what set up your running, how they look (coated and now rusted/stainless/etc.), how long you've had them, and if you would or should have gotten something different. Check out my sig for current mods... and give me a suggestion about what I should run with my car. THANKS EVEYRONE!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kook's get my vote. Don't regret spending the extra $$ for the stainless. They've been on my car for 2 years (car never see's rain) not a spec of rust anywhere. The stainless does change color alittle but I think looks better after a few heat cycles.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Hooker LT Headers and they failed. They looked as if a 5 year old welded them. Since then, I purchased the QTP's and they are a work of art. These fit great and much happier with them. I have had my QTP's for ~ 2 years and they look great. I am sure the Kooks are very nice too. Bottom line, get 304 Stainless Steel and do not look back. Anyway, back to my Rain Vodka and Pineapple Juice

Last edited by Blacker; 03-28-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Kooks or QTP if you have the $$$ (QTPs are a little cheaper @$724)
Pacesetters if your budget is a little more modest
Old 03-28-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the input. I've heard about hooker and their welds being crapy and have also heard about how they are rusting, but also have heard that they sound very deep and throaty. Obviously stainless is the way to go. I've got borla CB adjustable, had it for two years and still looks as if i just bought it yesterday.

I def. have the $$ for some good headers but am just trying to get a feel as to what everyones got. Pacesetter's seem to be popular for most average folk, but Im not a huge fan- for no particular reason (just dont like'em).

By the way, my car is a weekend warrior and the occasional friday drive to work car. Its only seen rain twice once being the day I took it home from the dealership. I just want something that will compliment my Borla very good, afterall, that too was $700

So more or less, its a toss up for either KOOKS or QTP.

Thanks!!! Oh and BLACKER: Enjoy your drink
Old 03-28-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Get the QTP. They have the merge collectors on them as a standard compared to any other header.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

you'd probably be just as happy with either kooks or qtp. I ended up buying qtp because it was the first "deal" that came along. I am very happy with my headers, stainless is the only way to go
Old 03-29-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

i owned a set of hookers..they were outstanding..fit and finish were great. the slid right in..
Old 03-29-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Get the QTP. They have the merge collectors on them as a standard compared to any other header.
X2 This should be a no brainer. QTP headers use merge collectors which help scavenge exhaust gases much better than a standard header collector. They also use them on their Y pipes to help scavenge.