Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whisper lid-front clips won't clip

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Whisper lid-front clips won't clip

I finally got everything hooked up and the front clips will not clip. I tried to get the 4 back clips to slide into place-but that was impossible too. Should I try taking everything out and getting it clipped up outside of the car then putting it back in? Right now I just have it all taped up because I didn't have time to take it all back off before work-I hope that's okay. Tips please!!
Old 04-23-2006, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah sometimes the back 4 tabs are a pain, jsut keep trying and get the back 4 in first.

Ok, im going to try and explain this, may not make sense but I will give it a shot. The front clips wont clip becase the bottom edge on the front side of the airlid (where the clips are) is not properly inserted into the rest of the air box. It should slid into a big long groove. Basically you don't have the lid pushed back far enough.

I hope this helps, hard to explain without pics.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:53 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your MAF might be hitting the plastic under it. You can try to loosen the MAF, tilt it up some, then re-tighten it. I had to cut a hole in my plastic part under the MAF to get my clear MTI lid to fit.

The clips probably won't lock unless the back 4 dowel things aren't in, then after they are, you have to make sure to tuck the front lip of the lid inside the lower airbox (like mentioned above).
Old 04-23-2006, 09:59 AM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

mine wouldnt clip good because i didnt have the radiator in the black plastic piece that the lid sits on, so when i hooked it to the MAF the back was pulled down, after i fixed that, it tabs slid easily in and it clipped down with ease
Old 04-23-2006, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

same damn problem hear try everything
Old 04-26-2006, 07:10 AM
12 Second Club

I had this problem when I installed my whisper lid, you have to get the lid right back as far as you can then tuck the front of the lid behind the bottom part of the exsisting plastic and it will clip in!

Old 04-26-2006, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

also, if it seems impossible to get 2 of the back clips cause the other 2 pop out, try setting the lid in the sun for about an hour to 'soften' it up. might help it flex a little to get everything to fit. I know my slp lid gave me a fit the first time, so did my old MTI lid, but once its one there and you drive for a few days, it will conform to your car.

Ski