Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

muffler placement

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muffler placement

i want to put side exit exhaust on my 98 camaro but don't know what the best place to put the muffler is. i want an x pipe then into chambered stick mufflers. should i put them closer to the exit or closer to the cats? i want to keep some back pressure for low end torgue. thanks for the help.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98charlize
i want to put side exit exhaust on my 98 camaro but don't know what the best place to put the muffler is. i want an x pipe then into chambered stick mufflers. should i put them closer to the exit or closer to the cats? i want to keep some back pressure for low end torgue. thanks for the help.
1. Put the muffler closer to the exit. I hope you're not lowered, and you're skilled at fabbing up exhaust because clearance is an issue w/these cars. Side exhaust ain't easy.
2. You don't want back pressure....ever....none. Do a 'search' in this section on back pressure. You'll find all the info you want. Needing back pressure in an exhaust is pure myth. It's all about velocity.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

Default side exit

when i open my cut out there is a lose in low end power. will it sound different if its closer the cats or farther away? thanks guys or girls.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

anyone, the help would be great.