Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Graduation Gift Woot - Powerstick questions

Old 05-12-2006, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Graduation Gift Woot - Powerstick questions

Ok, I just found out today that my dad is gonna help me redo the exhaust a bit as a graduation and bday gift. I'd like GMMG but thats too much above the budget. I was thinking of putting the 26" (30" body) powerstick in the midpipe and just getting rid of the stock muffler in the back. I have only been able to find one video of someone with that setup. In terms of loudness, the one powerstick should be louder then stock obviously but still not as loud as like GMMG and LTs?

Would the one powerstick be enough to keep it somewhat decent sounding or should I try to fab something like GMMG with two smaller power sticks as well?
Old 05-13-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be loud..
Old 05-13-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much are you willing to spend? If you like raunchy loud, LT's and SLP loudmouth will do the trick.

I spent around 700 for my Lt's and loudmouth
Old 05-13-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KrisXpc
If you like raunchy loud, LT's and SLP loudmouth will do the trick.
Thats the setup I've got right now, and it sounds sweet at WOT. Suprisingly when going down the road normal it isn't any louder than before the LT's. It does sound different when accelerating at low speeds though, at least from in the car. I'm considering putting a powerstick in place of the resonator.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

im currently doing this setup exept with the tsp rumbler exhaust with a 20" body powerstick... ill let ya know how it sounds... should be done by the end of this coming up week. by the way anyone want the brand new dynomax bullet that is coming in my rumbler exhaust???

Search this Thread