Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header bolts and gaskets from speed inc

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default header bolts and gaskets from speed inc

I put headers on a while back and the paper gaskets r now leaking. I was wondering if the Percy's seal 4 good gaskets are good from speedinc or should i get the OEM steel ones. Also are the stage 8 header bolts they have better than OEM or should i spend more for the ARPs, need answer ASAP ordering now
Old 05-13-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I and many others have had great sucsess with the GM gaskets. If you have the stage 8 lockers they should be fine. I got arp studs mainly for the look but it also helped hanging the headers by my self.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the money, I don't think you can beat the GM MLS exhaust manifold gaskets. When I re-install my headers after my engine is re-built, I'll be using ARP header studs. On my two previous header installs, I just reused the stock bolts. The 1st install is two years-old, and no problems at all (GM OEM MLS exhaust manifold gaskets on both installs).
Old 05-13-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock bolts and gaskets will do fine for 99% of the people out there who go to headers
Occasionaly the stock gaskets will leak, so if that's the case the percys are usually the solution
The stock bolts are fine, it's a question of if you want some fancy locking bolt or not