Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know which Magnaflow muffler will fit my dual/dual

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know which Magnaflow muffler will fit my dual/dual

I am looking to replace my dual/dual muffler for my 02 LS1 SS with a Magnaflow muffler. Does anyone know which one will bolt directly in. I will be running Pacesetter LT's and a Pacesetter ORY pipe. Thanks, Matt
Old 05-31-2006, 12:06 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will love the sound of that Dual/dual with the LT/ORY combo. I vote leave it alone untill after you get the headers!

If I had could go back, that's the setup I'd be running most likely.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:22 AM
Teching In

My buddy, Scotty-Z just ran that combo on his Z, it sounds good but it just isn't quite loud enough for me. He used to have LT's, ory and Magnaflow on his old Z and it sounded amazing. The dual/dual does sound really mean with LT's and ory, but just not loud enough. I am open to other muffler choices, as long as it is not Flowmaster cause they flow like crap.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

Aluminized
2.5" - https://www.justmagnaflow.com/cgi-bi...&key=CARS12568
3" - https://www.justmagnaflow.com/cgi-bi...&key=CARS12599

Stailness
2.5" - https://www.justmagnaflow.com/cgi-bi...&key=CARS14568
Old 05-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Teching In

My SLP dual/dual muffler only has 1 inlet and 2 outlets, the ones above have 2 inlets and 2 outlets.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GOT SOM?
My buddy, Scotty-Z just ran that combo on his Z, it sounds good but it just isn't quite loud enough for me. He used to have LT's, ory and Magnaflow on his old Z and it sounded amazing. The dual/dual does sound really mean with LT's and ory, but just not loud enough. I am open to other muffler choices, as long as it is not Flowmaster cause they flow like crap.
Yes indeed.

However, I just talked to you at work and apparently in 2 hours, you changed your mind (again...and again and again ) from deciding not to buy a Cobra, to keeping the SS and modding it, to now selling it and buying land (again).

IF you decide to keep it, let me know and I'll find the Magnaflow muffler for you.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GOT SOM?
If you're open to other muffler choices, make sure to give the Hooker Aerochamber a listen if possible...I like the sound of that muffler w/ headers + ORY waaaaaaay better than the Magnaflow running the same thing...The rasp is a lot less, but the overall tone is much deeper and cleaner with the Hooker. And the replacement muffler is only about $90.00.

Outside of the GMMG, I've never heard a better sounding cat-back on an LS1 set-up than the Hooker. Also had the Hooker cat-back on my old LT1 and damn, did that exhaust sound very deep & throaty

Good luck with your choice,

Mike
Old 06-01-2006, 07:30 AM
TECH Regular

DOH! I posted the wrong ones and I'm too brain dead today to figure out which one you need. The magnaflow catback uses a 5x8x14" oval muffler if that is any help.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM'd you GOT SOM?