Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intake manifold bolts

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake manifold bolts

for all you guys who have pulled your intakes, did you torque the bolts back down to specs? 44inch-lb then 8~inch lbs, or did you just tighten them pretty well. i'm having an impossible time getting my torque wrench on the back 4 bolts.

john
Old 02-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Default Re: intake manifold bolts

I had no problem gettin my torque wrench on all but the last passenger side bolt. I have an A4 and the tranny dipstick is in the way. So I tightened to my best guess as compared to the other bolts. I have a craftsman torque wrench and had no problem getting the normal or deepwell socket in there. I used my 1/4" rachet to get them tightened at first just be careful of those evil spikes that stick down under the weather stripping and the hood seal. That stuff tore my hands to shreads.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 5LiterBeater:
<strong> I had no problem gettin my torque wrench on all but the last passenger side bolt. I have an A4 and the tranny dipstick is in the way. So I tightened to my best guess as compared to the other bolts. I have a craftsman torque wrench and had no problem getting the normal or deepwell socket in there. I used my 1/4" rachet to get them tightened at first just be careful of those evil spikes that stick down under the weather stripping and the hood seal. That stuff tore my hands to shreads. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It only takes 2 min. to remove the hood seal on the cowl so you won't tear your arms up on the push in buttons that stick down from the cowl. It's the first thing I remove when working under the cowl and the last thing to be put back on.

<small>[ February 09, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: smokin' joe 00 ss ]</small>
Old 02-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Launching!

anyone? ttt
Old 02-10-2003, 12:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

I torqued them down with the wrench as best I could, but on the bolts that I couldn't reach I just torqued down approximately.