Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 04-25-2016, 04:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

any suggestions for me?
Old 04-10-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
i put them on myself. im thinking of putting a small angled peice of pipe on before the mufflers. thatway, the X will be down far enough to clear the TQ arm but it will point the mufflers up enough to gain ground clearence.

might work. i dunno, post some pics
Old 04-10-2007, 01:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
might work. i dunno, post some pics
ill back it up on the ramps tomorrow and take some pictures. its hard to get an accurate picture of them on the lift because the suspension is unloaded so you have no clear idea of where they are going to be ground clearence wise.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

ill back it up on the ramps tomorrow and take some pictures. its hard to get an accurate picture of them on the lift because the suspension is unloaded so you have no clear idea of where they are going to be ground clearence wise.

get a pic off the lift too
Old 04-10-2007, 01:56 AM
12 Second Club

get a pic off the lift too
thats why im backing it up on ramps, because a pic on the lift is vritually useless.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

alright, i got my GC issue figured out, im going to put some turn ups before the mufflers over the X and that will move the mounting point for the mufflers up a few inches, but leave the X in the same place to clear the TQ arm. anyways here is a little clip.
Pacesetter LT's
TSP TD's with Dynomax Race Bullets
stock cam...etc. mods in sig.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Launching!

Has anyone ever done those metallic cats from magnaflow on their car with TSP true duals? The small metal core round ones? My friend has em with his longtubes and cutout and it sounds really badass. Just wondering if anyone had ever done this.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BlackSVT03
Has anyone ever done those metallic cats from magnaflow on their car with TSP true duals? The small metal core round ones? My friend has em with his longtubes and cutout and it sounds really badass. Just wondering if anyone had ever done this.

Thanks guys.
I looked into cats for my TSP true duals and even spoke with the guys at TSP and basically, there is no place to put them as the exhaust is specific in size and bracket placement so that it fits under the car and doesn't hang too low.

Once I got my system, I looked it over and just couldn't see where a set of cats would fit before the mufflers.........I am sure anything is possible, I just didn't see how in that case.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I looked into cats for my TSP true duals and even spoke with the guys at TSP and basically, there is no place to put them as the exhaust is specific in size and bracket placement so that it fits under the car and doesn't hang too low.

Once I got my system, I looked it over and just couldn't see where a set of cats would fit before the mufflers.........I am sure anything is possible, I just didn't see how in that case.
get you a pair that slip right up on the collectors. then just cut 6 inches of pipe off the TSP system and have them made to slip over the cats and clamp in place.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Veteran

get you a pair that slip right up on the collectors. then just cut 6 inches of pipe off the TSP system and have them made to slip over the cats and clamp in place.
Have you done this or are you just ad-libing? The reason I ask is because I looked at doing that to mine but the Driver's side and the passenger side of the true duals are not even close to the same length before the bend.......

Pic of TSP True Duals
Old 04-17-2007, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

Have you done this or are you just ad-libing? The reason I ask is because I looked at doing that to mine but the Driver's side and the passenger side of the true duals are not even close to the same length before the bend.......

Pic of TSP True Duals
i have the TSP TD's on my car. the TSP TD's slip right over the headers. any good exhaust shop can fab you up a new peice that goes from the end of the cat that you put on your header to the X pipe and make it fit exactly where it should. just using your existing pipe as a pattern. no i havent done it on these particular duals but its the same principal as adding cats to any other exhaust system. have you ever heard of test pipes? its the same process, just in reverse.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Darrin!

i heard you sold the WS6..........AND got married!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:03 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can do it, just gotsta be clever.

Check the link in my sig for pics.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Darrin!

i heard you sold the WS6..........AND got married!
Sup doooood?

I did get rid of it and got a Trailblazer SS instead. And yeah, I got hitched in the Bahamas a couple weeks ago.
Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
You can do it, just gotsta be clever.

Check the link in my sig for pics.
Y'all are missing the point. I am not the one trying to do this. I sold the car that had the TSP's on it. I am just saying that when I had it, I looked into doing it and short of spending a ton of money to have an exhaust shop fab up everything (because the TSP's are an exact fit for the small spaces under an F-Body), it wasn't a simple thing to do. I would have rather just had the same exhaust shop fab up a complete set of duals, complete with cats, x-pipe, etc.

I clicked on your link/picture in your sig and you aren't running TSP true duals.........so I guess I am missing your point:

Performance:
~Kooks 1-7/8" stainless LT headers
~Kooks 3" to 4" stainless ORY
~4" Dynomax bullet in I pipe
~3" McCord electric cutout
~SLP Dual/Dual catback

Totally different setup then what they guy was asking about. :shrug:

Last edited by Rottluver; 04-19-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Sup doooood?

I did get rid of it and got a Trailblazer SS instead. And yeah, I got hitched in the Bahamas a couple weeks ago.

Y'all are missing the point. I am not the one trying to do this. I sold the car that had the TSP's on it. I am just saying that when I had it, I looked into doing it and short of spending a ton of money to have an exhaust shop fab up everything (because the TSP's are an exact fit for the small spaces under an F-Body), it wasn't a simple thing to do. I would have rather just had the same exhaust shop fab up a complete set of duals, complete with cats, x-pipe, etc.

I clicked on your link/picture in your sig and you aren't running TSP true duals.........so I guess I am missing your point:

Performance:
~Kooks 1-7/8" stainless LT headers
~Kooks 3" to 4" stainless ORY
~4" Dynomax bullet in I pipe
~3" McCord electric cutout
~SLP Dual/Dual catback

Totally different setup then what they guy was asking about. :shrug:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/442348-tsp-true-duals-cats-under-axle-extension-pics-56k.html
link was in his sig. below his sig pic. the point here is, it can be done. and if you cant do it yourself, then take it to a shop and have it done. its not a difficult process and the exhaust shop shouldnt charge more than 50 bucks to do it. if they do, leave and find another one.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442348
link was in his sig. below his sig pic. the point here is, it can be done. and if you cant do it yourself, then take it to a shop and have it done. its not a difficult process and the exhaust shop shouldnt charge more than 50 bucks to do it. if they do, leave and find another one.
Ok, so I read the posts from his "invisible" link and that is definitely not the way I would go. I don't like the cats being welded in since they seem to last less then 2 years and since I don't weld, I don't wanna pay someone to replace my cats every other year or so.

If someone else wants to spend the money, more power to em, it just isn't the way I would go.

But if ya like it.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Ok, so I read the posts from his "invisible" link and that is definitely not the way I would go. I don't like the cats being welded in since they seem to last less then 2 years and since I don't weld, I don't wanna pay someone to replace my cats every other year or so.

If someone else wants to spend the money, more power to em, it just isn't the way I would go.

But if ya like it.
then clamp them in. the link is right below his sig pic. its in white text. maby change your color scheme. idk. its there.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

I heard the further back your mufflers are the better bottom end power you get is that true? also if mufflers are under the car and i just extend the pipes to the back underneath the rear axle will it change how loud it is or the tone at all?
Old 04-20-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran

then clamp them in. the link is right below his sig pic. its in white text. maby change your color scheme. idk. its there.
I know it is there, I read it before I made my last post. I just called it the "invisible" post because it is so light in color that it barely shows up on my screen. My color scheme is fine, the color is just very light, that's all.

As for clamps vs welds.......I don't need to do either. It is irrelevant to me since I no longer own the car with the TSP's
Old 04-20-2007, 04:43 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know it is there, I read it before I made my last post. I just called it the "invisible" post because it is so light in color that it barely shows up on my screen. My color scheme is fine, the color is just very light, that's all.

As for clamps vs welds.......I don't need to do either. It is irrelevant to me since I no longer own the car with the TSP's
Sorry about that, my background is dark. I need to edit the colors of the links for the white background havin' people.

Quick Reply: True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!