Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sparks from plug wire touching header EGR flange

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sparks from plug wire touching header EGR flange

a buddy of mine put a set of pasetters lt's on a month ago, one of the plug wires seats on the egr flange and we notice sparks(at night) coming from the wire (arcing). we checked all of them, but it appears that only one wire does this. we tried putting some protective heat tape on there, but it continues to spark. he doesnt know how long its been going on , no ses light. is it bad for him to drive his car like this (dd)?? what can we do ?? the obvious changing wires, but it will continue to sit on the flange.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

its def. not getting proper spark since its arching. heat up the egr and bend it to where it doesnt touch. or wrap it in some kind of sleeve that is burn proof. ur friend def. needs to change the wires though....
Old 08-07-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would change that one wire and reroute it so it doesn't touch any part of the headers. If it's not long enough buy a longer wire and route it away from where it's touching. I'm surprised it hasn't burnt through the wire if it's touching a part of the headers (even if it is just the EGR piece).
Old 08-07-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

i would cut that tube off and weld the hold in the header shut...Best thing you could ever do to a Pacesetter emission header..Practice your welding on it

Quick Reply: sparks from plug wire touching header EGR flange