LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation III External Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine-6/)
-   -   Can I trust this exhaust guy? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/557078-can-i-trust-exhaust-guy.html)

Build #1 08-10-2006 06:33 PM

Can I trust this exhaust guy?

I have a QTP cutout that needs welded in. He kept saying "well we can try", I know its stainless steel and everything, but I want it right. I have seen his welds and they look real good. He wants to do it next week. Trust him, or go somewhere else? Whats some of your opinions.

TheBlurLS1 08-10-2006 06:47 PM

He's saying that because he's skurred. If he has any kind of experience, he should be fine.

NHRAMAN 08-10-2006 06:50 PM

Simple job for an exhaust shop---GO SOMEWHERE ELSE..he sounds as though he thinks he is going to ruin it.

farnoush 08-10-2006 06:51 PM

Take it somewhere else, I hate when I hear that we can try shit. He says that so when he totally fucks it up and you try to get him to fix it hell say "I didnt make any guarentes"

FieroZ34 08-10-2006 06:52 PM

You sure this is an exhaust shop?

2 cuts, 2 welds, done. Not a hard task...

01blkz 08-10-2006 06:57 PM

if u've seen his welds and they look nice go with him...he's saying the "we can try" just to protect himself if anything happened to go wrong. wouldn't scare me off just sounds like a smart business man

farnoush 08-10-2006 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by monkeysl
if u've seen his welds and they look nice go with him...he's saying the "we can try" just to protect himself if anything happened to go wrong. wouldn't scare me off just sounds like a smart business man

But its a freaking exhuast cutout. If you know what your doing theres no need to protect yourself because its so damn simple. Smart business man? If he said that to me when I asked about putting a cutout in I would take my business elsewhere in a hurry, him saying that to customers for things as simple as this is probably doing him more harm to his business than good.

NHRAMAN 08-10-2006 07:12 PM

ANY competant welder can do it..PERIOD.. :judge:

01blkz 08-10-2006 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by farnoush
But its a freaking exhuast cutout. If you know what your doing theres no need to protect yourself because its so damn simple. Smart business man? If he said that to me when I asked about putting a cutout in I would take my business elsewhere in a hurry, him saying that to customers for things as simple as this is probably doing him more harm to his business than good.

put up with customers daily and see how u start to word things. i doubt him saying that had anything to do with his welding ability.

Ace$nyper 08-10-2006 07:30 PM

put up with customers daily and see how u start to word things. i doubt him saying that had anything to do with his welding ability.

Yup, thats what i'm thinking.

Alot of those places don't like touching aftermarket things. I knew a body shop near by that won't do kit installs because people would buy crap kits and after it fell apart it was the shops fault going to court etc, just became too much a hassle.

If he can weld then you'll be fine, I bet hes just covering his butt incause your QTP part sucks *he probbly doesn't know about the company etc*

orangeapeel 08-10-2006 07:56 PM

He meant to say that because it might not be worth his time for the labor he will have to put into just racking the car and moving equipment around.

Build #1 08-10-2006 11:20 PM

So it being stainless steel should matter in this situation? Thats the whole problem, the dealership I work at is in this dinky side town, and he's probably never seen the shit in his life.