Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock W/ Cut Out Vs. Lt/ory

Old 08-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock W/ Cut Out Vs. Lt/ory

Hey, Just Lookin For Some Info, Any Help Or Opinior Is Greatly Apprieciated..ok I Have A 01 Ws6. I Really Wanted To Get Lt's But Im In Cali And Wasnt Sure If I Wanted To Go The Illegal Way...so I Was Wondering How Would The Flow From A Cutout Perform. What Would Be The Gain Difference Between Going With Stock Manifold/pipes/cats...and Getting A Cutout Vs. Lt's And A Ory. Can U Give Me Ur Opinion On Flow/hp Gains/sound/etc....
Thanks Guys.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stock manifolds and the stock y pipe are never going to flow anywhere near as good as headers and a y pipe, the cutout wont help that area. Only thing the cutout is gonna do i let the exhaust exit before it runs through the catback.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

So I Wont See Any Worthwhile Gains In Putting A Cut Out...i Guess People Just Use Cutouts On Stock Just For The Sound. Damn I Want To Get Me Some Long Tubes, Damn California Rules.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

You'll gain a little performance with the cutout if you have stock catback, but it wont be anywhere near the same as putting headers and a ypipe on your car.

With the cutout, you're letting exhaust dump before it runs through the catback. With the headers, you're letting more exhaust exit the engine and it just flows better.

Its kind of comparing apples to oranges.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Banned

Stock manifolds and cutout sound good, while LT's and ORY IMHO sound like ***.

Other than that, a cutout won't give you the gains LT's will. There is a gain to be had (although a small one) with a cutout over a catback, but even more over stock exhaust.

Search this Thread