Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flowmaster/loudmouth(flowmouth)Will Ilose alot

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flowmaster/loudmouth(flowmouth)Will Ilose alot

I use to have loudmouth,then when Igot LThedders it became too much so my shop removed the resonator(it was just basically a strait pipe) and put in aflowmaster in its place.Sounds awsome,but when I added a cam Idid not put down as much as Ishould have.So decided to ad Ls6 intake and port the throttle body and was wondering if ditching the flowmaster would be a good idea.How much HP is the flowmaster choking me(from experienced people who switch)?What would be a good muffler(HPwise) to put in its place without being too loud?I know I could do a cutout,but think thats too loud and would not be worth it.So what a good flowing muffler to put in place?If you guys have the part number that would be great.I will be ordering from Jegs since it only takes next day delivery(in OH),and list how much HP Iwould gain from the muffler you chose.
thanks John
Old 08-26-2006, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

Which flowmaster did you use and do u have a picture or part number.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

cant remember what kind it was,but it was a"race" muffler.Itwasnot center on center shop had cut it on one side and flipped it around and welded it back together.I put the Lthedders on in the winter so did not noticed the sound of the loudmouth with the hedders at first,then when it got warmer and with the windows down I could not take how loud it was,so my shop had this muffler (friend with owner) that he gave me for free and cut it open then flipped so it would be center on center to fit.I just want to know would it be worth it(HP wise)to switch to another brand (3 in center on center).Would Igain more lets say with a dynomax,if so what would be the part number or is it not worth it.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

couldn't you just put a magnaflow on there? Not one of the "LOUD" mufflers and flows great.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

magnaflow mufflers flow great and keep the tone down until youre ready to stomp it
Old 08-26-2006, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

how much HP would I pick up with the magna flo over the flowmaster and what is the part number,but more importantly would it give me more power over the flowmaster and approx. how much? Does not necessarily have to be magnaflo,just a muufler that will add more power,but like I said dont want to add cut out or do astrait pipe it will be toooo loud.