Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light delte smog system questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light delte smog system questions

I have an ls1 and i am in the process of of putting shorty headers on it. I have removed the air pump ect... Now as i expected im throwing 2 codes both stating that the air pump is not working. Is there any way i can get my light to ignore the air pump? I know many people do take their smog parts off. I would like to have a working ses light in case something else comes up but would like it to pretend like it never knew anything about the air pump ect... I have no cats with o2 sims on the rear. No problems there. Just looking for a loopole...

Thanks
Jeff
Old 11-03-2006, 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

Tuning software will work. A friend of mine used HP Tuners on my car to delete those codes.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Banned

Yea but the question is, if you delete those codes, will the light still come on if there is another (different) problem.

I would guess yes, as you are deleting [specific] codes, not turning off a light for all codes. It's software dependent also, as HPTuners handles it a bit different that ls1Edit does, implementation wise.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Yea you dont delete all the codes, you just delete the air pump specific codes, and since their is no air pump its impossible for it not to work b/c its not even their
Old 11-03-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys... Now i just have to find someone in my area with tuning software. I dont think this is going to be easy. Can a dealership do it?
Old 11-03-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doubt a dealership will do it, look in your phone book and look for places that have a dyno/do tunes. Here in Jax you can get codes turned off for the minimum one hour shop fee, along with other minor programming you might want. Have them delete the rear 02 codes too while they're at it so you won't need your sims anymore either.