Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Come in guys, need exhaust opinion...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Come in guys, need exhaust opinion...

Well, it's that time again. Time to change my exhaust setup. This will be the third time...

The reason for the change is that I've decided to switch to the UMI Chassis Mount Torque Arm, and I can't do that with the TSP Duals. So, sometime this winter, there will be a nice set of TSP Duals that're welded w/Sweet Thunders for sale, as well as a Jegster Non-Adjustable Torque Arm. Sale date and price to be determined.

Anywho, enough shameless pimping. Let's get to the meat of the matter.

I would like to go back to a y-pipe setup. I'm going to use the TSP pipe, since it seems to fit the best. Of course I'll weld it when I get it where I want it. I would put a cutout in the "I" right behind the "Y".

From there I would like to purchase a partial catback, that is, from the "Y" all the way back to the section that goes over the axle. From there, I will put a Powerstick 3" in the stock muffler position, with a single pipe going to the driver's side, and put a shallow turndown so that you can't really see the pipe. I'll also paint the muffler with some black exhaust paint. I don't like the look of tips on these cars, so I want to make it hidden.

I would like y'all's input on this. Anyone who has done something similar, I would like pics as well as sound clips if possible.

What would you think I would lose (if anything) in power/torque?

What do you think it would sound like? Possibly raspy?

I want to make it clear that I love my duals, but it's time for a torque arm switch. If I could make a different chassis mount torque arm fit with the TSP Duals, I would.

I love the sound, and I thought the quality/fit was nice once you take the time to adjust everything properly...

Any input would be appreciated, especially from UMI or TSP.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C'mon, NO ONE has an opinion?