Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code 300 Random misfire.. Spark plugs,wires,coil packs or a combo of all?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Code 300 Random misfire.. Spark plugs,wires,coil packs or a combo of all?

Well after a long header install at fellow member and my boy wilwhite2kss we get the headers installed and run into a couple of small problems but got it all together. Well we after its all together my car starts to backfire and run like crap. I use the scanner and the code that is coming up is 300 random misfire. Is this code normally associated with a bad plug or bad wires/coils or could it be all of these.Anyone who has had this code please let me know so i begin my fix. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
Well after a long header install at fellow member and my boy wilwhite2kss we get the headers installed and run into a couple of small problems but got it all together. Well we after its all together my car starts to backfire and run like crap. I use the scanner and the code that is coming up is 300 random misfire. Is this code normally associated with a bad plug or bad wires/coils or could it be all of these.Anyone who has had this code please let me know so i begin my fix. Thanks in advance!
your car ran fine before the install? i'm assuming that it did.
a large cam will cause that code to pop up, probably not your problem
I think your wires are crap or you didn'y get them on all the way, did you hear a snap when you put the wires on?.
are the wires original?, yanking them off and on can ruin them
also that code only pops up after 300 consective misfires. if i'm wrong im sure someone hear will correct me