Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few questions about header install

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 03:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions about header install

ok I am pretty new to all this , I have a 2001 trans am. I am going to be installing LT headers soon and I plan trying to do the install my self.(this will be my first time doing major work on my car)

The headers I have got all the emission hook ups, is it ok to just block off the EGR hook up or would it be safer to take it to an exhaust shop to get it cut off and welded shut.

I only have a basic tool set is there any specific tools that I may want to get for this? Besides a jack and jack stands , I asked for those for x mas. I seen pictures of how high some of the cars have to be on the jack stands for a header install and I was thinking "how the hell did they jack it up that high" lol. A step by step of how some of you guys do it would be helpful

I think thats all I need to ask for now, sorry if I am asking noob questions but I want to be sure I am doing things right, thanks for help.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not any special tools, speed inc sells block off plates for EGR and AIR and I would scrap the EGR just for the sake of cleaning up the engine bay area... you will need to get the AIR, EGR and if you go ORY the rear O2's deleted from the computer