Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter LTs, ORY Hooker Catback, Tailpipe not staying on hangar

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter LTs, ORY Hooker Catback, Tailpipe not staying on hangar

OK, so the setup is as described above. My issue is the driver's side tailpipe has the hook that slides into the rubber gasket/boot/grommet/thingie.

The only problem is, there is an offset with hook on the tailpipe, and the bracket that bolts onto the frame. As a result, after a few good bumps, the tailpipe hook slides free of the rubber piece, and let's that entire side of my exhaust hang inches from the pavement.

Anyone run into this issue? Any solutions aside from redrilling the holes on the frame to move the mounting bracket further back? It would've been nice to have a little button on the end of the hook on the hooker tailpipe, like on the bracket hook, to keep the rubber thingie from sliding off.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

i would just bent the tip up or down where it sticks out of the rubber piece.it might be pretty hard to bend it since it is 3/8 or bigger but you should be able to find something that will be able to bend it.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

same thing happened to me, put your exhaust on the way its supposed to be, then get a little metal hose clamp and tighten it on the metal hanger behind the rubber so it wont fall off
Old 01-01-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bent mine down a little at the tip. I also bent the whole hanger forward(i thing) so it was more in line