Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitting Bassani Duals on '99 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting Bassani Duals on '99 WS6

I searched and didn't find anything about this so here goes...

Has anyone mounted a bassani dual setup on a 98-99 f-body without headers? I saw that Bassani lists their setup for 00-02 cars only and then remembered that there is a slight difference in the cat setup between the different years, so I wonder how hard it is to get the setup on a 98-99 car.

I want to put the exhaust on without LTs and have it working so I can sell off my GMMG catback and get GOOD headers instead of the cheapo ones I bought and then sold off.

Last edited by Blakbird24; 06-28-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Launching!

it is made to hook up to the stock manifolds so i wouldnt see any problem with it hooking up to the stock parts even though they say its a difference in the 98-99 and the 00-02. i could be wrong though have been before.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Restricted User

Well I guess this settles my dilemma then. Few seem to know anything about it which leads me to believe it doesn't work.

I know I could easily have it modified to work, but that means I have to have the headers, cats, and duals all at one time. If I could mate it to the stock manifolds/cats I could put it on and remove and sell my GMMG to pay for good headers. I really wish that would work cause that would give me a great dual setup that FITS.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Well I guess this settles my dilemma then. Few seem to know anything about it which leads me to believe it doesn't work.

I know I could easily have it modified to work, but that means I have to have the headers, cats, and duals all at one time. If I could mate it to the stock manifolds/cats I could put it on and remove and sell my GMMG to pay for good headers. I really wish that would work cause that would give me a great dual setup that FITS.
I've never seen the underside of 98-99 LS1 fbody so I don't know exactly the difference between 98-99 and 00-02 models. I know that my bassani bolted right in at the exhaust manifold. I don't have the pictures anymore to show you but there are more of us here that have bassani true duals.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

On the 98-99 cars the passenger side cat sits further along the y-pipe. That's why that hump is on the passenger side floor. On the 00-02 f-bodys the cats are located the same distance from the manifolds, just on opposite sides.

So in order to fit it to the stock manifolds, you'll have to cut some of the piping from the passenger side to get it to fit.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Restricted User

Could I possibly get a pass side downpipe with cat from an 00-02 car and put it on my stock manifold? Or maybe I could just have an aftermarket cat welded into the Bassani system and eliminate the factory cat on that side?

Any suggestions from anyone with knowledge about this would be appreciated. I will climb under my car next week to get a better look at the situation, maybe I can figure out a solution myself. I don't have the time right now though, so I thought i'd throw it out to those with some experience in this subject.

Also, for anybody running this system with LTs...is it possible to get cats welded in without major modification?
Old 06-29-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you plan on getting LTs shortly I would wait and get them all at once. You could get the manifold and cat from an 00-02 car and bolt them on and have the bassani system on with no problems on the stock manifolds.

How I said, wait and get your LTs with an aftermarket catted y-pipe and the bassani TDs. If you aren't absolutely set on the bassani td system, you could probably have a custom system fabbed up for what you would pay for them.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 98redM6
If you plan on getting LTs shortly I would wait and get them all at once. You could get the manifold and cat from an 00-02 car and bolt them on and have the bassani system on with no problems on the stock manifolds.

How I said, wait and get your LTs with an aftermarket catted y-pipe and the bassani TDs. If you aren't absolutely set on the bassani td system, you could probably have a custom system fabbed up for what you would pay for them.
I've already looked into the custom TDs and i've come to the conclusion that i'm going to have to spend as much or more on the custom work to get it done right as I would spend on the bassani setup. I'm actually thinking at this point that I may just get some nice headers and a catted Y and forget the whole duals idea. I was worried that I may not like the bassani sound as much as the gmmg sound anyway. Mostly i'm tired of screwing around...i've been going back and forth with the exhaust plan for over a year now, and the cam I bought is starting to decompose because it's been sitting so long, just waiting for some LTs.

If I could, relatively easily, get the bassani setup and throw it on the car with no LTs, so I could sell off the GMMG to finance headers, I would go that route in an instant. If I don't like the bassani sound I can always throw some chambers in place of that muffler...etc. But I if I have to scrounge up $1500 to get the duals, cats, and headers all at once, it will take long enough that i'll change my mind again...the same phenomenon that has kept my car without it's cam and exhaust for this long already.

Geez this is way harder than it should be.