Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any one here running a professional products throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default any one here running a professional products throttle body

I am thinking about buying one and was wondering if there are any problmes with them? What kind of horse power gains will they give a bolt on car? I am trying to decide between a ported stock throttle body or the polished professional products one. Do you gain al least the same amount of hp form the p.p. throttle body as a ported stock?

Last edited by bigfatls6; 02-19-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

someone else just asked this quesiton,,,i think i guy on here called slackr is running one,,,he may be able to give you some info
Old 02-19-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

I have one on the SS. You will need a smooth bellows also for this one. the PP one is 80mm as opposed to stock 78mm. to use it on an UNPORTED intake manifold, you have to use the supplied spacer. This pushes the TB out 1/2 inch or more from the intake, and you have to trim the crap out of the bellows.

It was a real pain. I also was unsatisfied with the innner casting of the PP TB. I went ahead and de-burred it, wet sanded it, and polished it before installation.

As far as power, not sure because I did it when I installed cam/LS6 intake/nitrous at the same time. It looks clean and I really cant see how a stock/smaller one could outperform it, but who knows.

If you can let your car be down a while, I'd pay the $75 and just swap in and out with a stock polished.

I'll post a pic if I can find one.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Here are some pics....
Attached Thumbnails any one here running a professional products throttle body-engine-post-n02.jpg   any one here running a professional products throttle body-engine-post-n02-2.jpg   any one here running a professional products throttle body-backseat-n02.jpg   any one here running a professional products throttle body-halos-.jpg  
Old 02-20-2008, 07:04 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

My 85mm looked and performed great. I do plan on hogging it out and polishing it though.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...990&highlight=
Old 02-20-2008, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

so,,if the intake manifold is still stock size ,,,,what's the advantage of a bigger TB?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

I am not sure about jayplayss2 but sooner or later I will change my intake also when I do h/c. I am sure the larger throttle body will help then. It would also be nice to add a few extra horses now though.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

but sooner or later I will change my intake also when I do h/c
And that makes since,,but, running a bigger TB on a stock sized intake does not, to me anyway.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
so,,if the intake manifold is still stock size ,,,,what's the advantage of a bigger TB?
Considering at WOT the air is traveling at xxx mph, I would only think that it would increase air flow into the cylinders a little, I cant expect the LS6 volume to be filled 100% with a little 75mm TB. Besides that, it WILL have more air in ant ANY throttle input since the tb opening is larger. In other words, at 50-70% WOT, (the intake is not at max cfm) the TB (85 vs 75) is allowing more air in.

I will be going with a FAST 92/92 when I install my heads and cam but I did notice some more power with the PP TB even with the LS6.

Quick Reply: any one here running a professional products throttle body