Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Motorsports "BIG 3" exhaust

Old 03-26-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LG Motorsports "BIG 3" exhaust

Very interesting information I wanted to share. LGM had an 03 zo6 with Pro longtube headers, and g5x3 cam as there test car for the "BIG 3" rear exhaust. The results were 14 rwhp 19.5 rwtq gained when going from the Ti system to the "BIG 3". Same car was then out fitted with the bullet system from Billy Boat and dyno'd. After putting the "BIG 3" on and making several pulls on the dyno she made 7.x rwhp and 7.x rwtq more then the BULLETS.

The "BIG 3" is able to make the power by turning your corvette exhaust into a TRUE 3 inch setup. No more restrictions. Sounds good to me.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

19 views and no comments. Graphs can be seen on their website. There is also a video posted on streetfire.net Just do a search for lg motorsports big 3 and you can view the vid. Might be worth a look for those in the hunt for every last bit of power.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a very nice system. Cant wait for all the BS flags to fly on what dyno tricks were played......... Sean, Bobby, and Anthony are all pretty cool guys to work with.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Looks like a very nice system. Cant wait for all the BS flags to fly on what dyno tricks were played......... Sean, Bobby, and Anthony are all pretty cool guys to work with.

I really don't think the guys at LGM would ever consider doing something like dyno tricks to sell stuff. Hopefully the BS flags will stay home on this one. I have it under good authority that the system is 100% legit albeit the results were better then expected. Dyno tested and proven. Check the graphs on their website. The reputation of LG Motorsports as a shop and the man (Lou Gigliotti) that stands behind everything he sells has been proven time and time again. They test their products on the race track and then sell them in their shop. The slogan they use says it all "we race, you win"
Old 03-26-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will never give up my Ti, even if it holds me back a few hp. I love the sound of it and also it is just such an exotic material to have part of your exhaust made out of. Those were some nice gains and a nice system though, props....
Old 03-26-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good gains, I would say so. 14 rwhp and almost 20 rwtq by dropping Ti's and adding the big 3. I know what you mean on the Ti's though. However I do like the polished look of the big 3.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I really don't think the guys at LGM would ever consider doing something like dyno tricks to sell stuff. Hopefully the BS flags will stay home on this one. I have it under good authority that the system is 100% legit albeit the results were better then expected. Dyno tested and proven. Check the graphs on their website. The reputation of LG Motorsports as a shop and the man (Lou Gigliotti) that stands behind everything he sells has been proven time and time again. They test their products on the race track and then sell them in their shop. The slogan they use says it all "we race, you win"
Yeah I dont doubt the numbers, but as you know, there are always the naysayers.

Last edited by xfactor_pitbulls; 03-26-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Dont have any............?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dont have any............?

????

I sent you a PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Between this new catback and their longtubes, it really makes me upset to know they don't make F-body stuff

I wish they did *hint hint*
Old 03-26-2008, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

The reputation of LG Motorsports as a shop and the man (Lou Gigliotti) that stands behind everything he sells has been proven time and time again.
They royally screwed my car up in a number of different ways, not just a couple of mistakes... several. Im puzzled at how they have the reputation they have after my experience.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good gains, I would say so. 14 rwhp and almost 20 rwtq by dropping Ti's and adding the big 3. I know what you mean on the Ti's though. However I do like the polished look of the big 3.
Those numbers were on a camed car. I wonder what the gains would be on a simple bolt on car. Lts, cai, pp tb, ect....?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Between this new catback and their longtubes, it really makes me upset to know they don't make F-body stuff

I wish they did *hint hint*

Hey Choco, I feel ya on that. I have received hundreds of PMs asking me if I knew anything about an Fbody pro longtube header. I do know they had several proto type sets in the shop from what I was told. However the go ahead wasn't given for production at this time. This is only speculation, but I think cost and quality were two big issues. The last time I asked anyone about it was over 6 months ago. Not looking good for fbody owners.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
They royally screwed my car up in a number of different ways, not just a couple of mistakes... several. Im puzzled at how they have the reputation they have after my experience.
You taken this to the sponsor feedback section? Contacted LGM directly to try and make right the issues?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Choco, I feel ya on that. I have received hundreds of PMs asking me if I knew anything about an Fbody pro longtube header. I do know they had several proto type sets in the shop from what I was told. However the go ahead wasn't given for production at this time. This is only speculation, but I think cost and quality were two big issues. The last time I asked anyone about it was over 6 months ago. Not looking good for fbody owners.
I don't blame them I guess. The Corvette crowd tends to have more money to spend on mods. If it's one thing the F-body crowd is famous for, it's bitching and moaning about the cost of mods. Nevermind the aftermarket is still a lot cheaper than OEM parts from the dealer. We get blessed with a fabulous aftermarket with tons of competition, and the average owner does nothing but complain.

I didn't mind paying $775 for headers. I care about quality first. If I want something, I'll just save up for it, but I know a lot of people don't share that mindset with me We're generally not patient people. I guess that's why we wanna go fast to get to places

IMO, $1600 for a set of LG Pro LT's and an X-pipe isn't all that bad, assuming it's a whole kit that comes with everything. Yea, $1900 is a lot with cats, but if you want quality, unfortunately, you gotta pay for it.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

I am OVER bitching about the price of anything. Quality, fitment, and performance are what matter. The "high end" headers on my car now are coming off in favor of american racing. Bad fit, leaking, and no real impressive HP.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Did they do anything to correct whatever it is that you ALLEGE they did to your car ?? What exactly happened ?? Could you PM me with the specifics.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:59 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

You taken this to the sponsor feedback section? Contacted LGM directly to try and make right the issues?
LOL he ain't the only one. That's for damn sure.

Quality of their products themselves IMO is good. The rest, isn't...
Old 03-26-2008, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have vented a few times here, they had the car three different times and I was told it was the best they could do.

I had to pull the engine out of the car to fix a coolant leak from an o ring that wasnt seated in the block holding pressure on the head gasket.... the same orings they were told to remove for the Cometic gaskets that also werent installed "but I was charge me for them". The rear crank plug wasnt installed right and the $1800 clutch was oiled down and almost trashed. The car was a pain to drive due to the horrible tune that they couldnt get right after three times. The "bolt in" DS safety loop they installed was welded to my floor pan and making contact with my carbon fiber drive shaft.

A local shop corrected all of the problems for me in a week along with a retune. It was an entirely different car with exellent drivability and I also gained a few extra ponys.

Mistakes happen but not this many and not all on one job. There was never an offer to make it right other than the three times they attempted to get the tune right.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Well thats sounds unfortunate. I can say this for sure. Mike and Sean I know very well personally. They are both well above average techs. When you look at their own cars you see things that are beyond the normal LSX street car crowd. Dont care to even speculate what did or didnt happen, but they turn out ALOT of cars. If even 5% of those cars had the experience you say you did, this board would be littered. Good luck with your issues. But please keep this thread free of experience with service, or opinion on the shop. Its about a new product. If you want to post your own thread or in the feedback section go for it.

Brandon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LG Motorsports "BIG 3" exhaust