Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Flow Restriction Exhaust Cut Out...

Old 05-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No Flow Restriction Exhaust Cut Out...

Well I had a exhaust shop weld up and install my SLP Dual/Dual system and boy did it quiet it down A LOT! I was going to have him install a Magnaflow bullet muffler in the I-Pipe but decide against it because it would be really close to the drive shaft. It is quiet enough for me, though with the bullet it would have been quieter.

But anyways onto the topic. Well after driving around for awhile I miss that loud sound that was coming out of my open catted y-pipe. I told myself that I could wait for a little while but I just can't!

So I found a picture on here with a catted y system with cutouts, pictured below and went to the exhaust shop to see what it would cost. His first comment was that with the way the cut out "y's" off the exhaust the exhaust flow will still want to got that way even though the cut out is closed which would result in a restriction in the exhaust losing horse power.

What he did mention though is there is a cut out that goes inline with the exhaust piping and doesn't create a restriction when closed. I couldn't find them on the internet. He said the blade is like a ball design. I think I have the concept but I just can't find the product. He said he is going to look them up and give me a call and mentioned they are like $900!!! I probably won't go with them as I have other things to put that money towards like a rearend.

Anybody know what he is talking about...

And how much louder will my exhaust be without cats...
David
Old 05-27-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...le+cutouts+low
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...le+cutouts+low

Something like those would be what you want. Doesn't create that "dead end" that a normal cutout has when closed, since they are simply put on the side of the pipe.

Search this Thread