Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

volant vs. fipk vs. tsp vs. stealth

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 11:37 PM
00z
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volant vs. fipk vs. tsp vs. stealth

Ok right now I have a stealth box and a ssra. I'm not very happy with the stealth box because it doesnt seem to hold my radiator in place very well. Does anyone have this same problem? Well I'm thinking of gettting one of the other intakes and was wondering about anyones complaints about the product they own. Also, with the volant, will that seal up go with my ultra z hood or is it to short? i know alot of people like the tsp but if I get one of those I have to get anoter filter and some smooth bellows. but with the volant and the k&n doesnt that come with bellows already?
Old 08-16-2003, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: volant vs. fipk vs. tsp vs. stealth

For the money I would just get a tsp lid since you already have the ssra. I have a fipk and love it but you would probable see better gains with the tsp lid and your ssra. Sure the fipk comes with smooth bellows but there ugly and don't really give any power that you could feel, maybe a couple hp.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: volant vs. fipk vs. tsp vs. stealth

I have the FIPK and ULTRA Z hood. Excellent combo, for the Ultra Z gives it a true Direct Ram Air effect. The FIPK has been DYNO tested to offer better #'s than lid and FTRA since it is less restrictive and FTRA only comes in effect when the car moves and at higher speeds.
I used to have a lid and when I put FIPK on,I recorded +6 rwhp over the lid accross the band (on DYNO)and +9 on the move with (G-Tech) which is accurate to 1/100th VS Dyno and +12 over 120mph.
A lot of poeple running the FIPK with other hoods will not see such # since ULTRA Z and now RAM AIR II (COPY of WS6 hood) are the only hoods with direct LARGE frontal air injection. Also they are unwilling to spend $700 to get an Ultra Z to maximize the potential of the FIPK.
From my side I say get FIPK, it works for me!!
Old 05-13-2004, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4thGENRETARD
I have the FIPK and ULTRA Z hood. Excellent combo, for the Ultra Z gives it a true Direct Ram Air effect. The FIPK has been DYNO tested to offer better #'s than lid and FTRA since it is less restrictive and FTRA only comes in effect when the car moves and at higher speeds.
I used to have a lid and when I put FIPK on,I recorded +6 rwhp over the lid accross the band (on DYNO)and +9 on the move with (G-Tech) which is accurate to 1/100th VS Dyno and +12 over 120mph.
A lot of poeple running the FIPK with other hoods will not see such # since ULTRA Z and now RAM AIR II (COPY of WS6 hood) are the only hoods with direct LARGE frontal air injection. Also they are unwilling to spend $700 to get an Ultra Z to maximize the potential of the FIPK.
From my side I say get FIPK, it works for me!!
Are you talking about the SLP Ultra Z Hood or the other one? And more importantly, what did the FIPK do for you at the drag strip? I don't really care what the dyno says.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 165 Likes on 129 Posts

I have the Volant, it seals up to the hood to block out the head from the motor. Since the Volant is almost an air-tight seal, air is forced into the intake at highway speeds.
I also have the Ram Air H.O. hood with the walls cut out, so the air flows directly into the filters. It is a straight line from the outside to the intake manifold.
I think that the Volant is well worth the money.