Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New harness and now starter won't crank?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New harness and now starter won't crank?

Hello,
I've re-wired the dash harness in my 05 LS6 cts-v, plugged everthing in and all power works except starter won't crank engine.

I've plugged in the engine side.
I've plugged in the steering collumn and all interior plugs.
When I turn the key to acc, the fuel pump, and IC lights come on like usual. When I turn the key to start, all the lights go out but no starter engagement? I hear a barely audible click from the accesories relay under the hood and then a small click from the ingition relay behind the drivers side fuse block. The battery is good and charged. Any suggestions on what to test next?? I may have pulled on the starter harness?? I'm looking for test procedure I can perform with a mm without a scan tool? - any help is much appreciated, BL
Old 07-01-2008, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like you missed a ground, go back and re-check.

And understand that your question is kind of like asking "I had a piece of string and I cut it, how long is it now?" Easy to ask, impossible to answer.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I went back over every connection, terminals, fuses, grounds & plugs. I'm going to take off the starter connections and check them out to see if they're ok. It's very tight under there to check them. I'd like to get info on chasing the ignition circuit with a mm if possible?