Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it worth it "t-duals and stock headers w/cats"?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it "t-duals and stock headers w/cats"?

I have the CME and LM and it sound good, but craving that True Dual setup!!! Is it worth it or will I have problems to do a dual setup with stock headers and cats?

Thanks,
Old 08-24-2003, 04:41 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Is it worth it

just get 2-1/2" and you'll be fine..." is a little much for a stock...but If you add hLongtubes and a cam or if your are planning to do so in the future 3" would be good....although 3" might not clear too nice with that drop setup...seeing how you did the cheap way..the springs...
Old 08-24-2003, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Is it worth it

it won't cause any problems, you just won't really see any performance increase...personally I tell people the only reason to do true duals is you want the sound. If your looking for HP, a loudmouth and/or an cut out will make more.

I had a Loudmouth before I did my t-duals and the car seemed to perform about the same.

"If" you can get away with not having CATs (here in AZ they don't do tale pipe test on 96/OBDII and up cars), you will se a really big HP jump from that.

If anything, have them build the setup so that in the future, you can either:

1) mod it to work with headers

2) make it BOLT UP to the factory system like a y-pipe (so its universal...will fit on any car) and you could sell it to someone else