Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1, Dart 225s, Fast 92, and Tsunami cam sound ok?

Old 02-08-2009, 02:38 PM
no title here

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS1, Dart 225s, Fast 92, and Tsunami cam sound ok?

I have an ASA LS1 dry sump and all that I will be putting in my Camaro. My plans right now are to put the Darts I have on (unless they sell), a FAST 92, and a Tsunami TSP cam. I called them and they said that the Tsunami was the middle ground cam between the Torquer V2 and the MS3 which is why I am thinking hard about it. Let me know if there would possibly be a better choice
Old 02-08-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

well you need to tell us goals of your car. No one can recommend what cam you need if we don't know what you want, how you drive your car, and how often.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:15 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skyhighsami
I have an ASA LS1 dry sump and all that I will be putting in my Camaro. My plans right now are to put the Darts I have on (unless they sell), a FAST 92, and a Tsunami TSP cam. I called them and they said that the Tsunami was the middle ground cam between the Torquer V2 and the MS3 which is why I am thinking hard about it. Let me know if there would possibly be a better choice
It would be nice if it were a 4.000 bore.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:31 PM
no title here

The Darts will only work on a 4 inch bore? I am looking at a cam of that size my biggest question is the heads. Should I sale them and get some different ones
Old 02-08-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Darts will only work on a 4 inch bore? I am looking at a cam of that size my biggest question is the heads. Should I sale them and get some different ones

They will work fine on the smaller bore but were designed and optimal for the larger bore. FWIW I would still prefer the 225's for the 3.898 bore over the 205's.

A little advice......if they are box stock lap the valves and inspect installed spring height etc.....

If you ever decide to port them they can be made as good as any cathedral port out there.....
Old 02-08-2009, 09:54 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

False. They will work on a 3.900. I have run them on a 3.900 without any issues. They would perform better on a 4" bore, since the chamber measures roughly in the 3.960+ range,
Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
no title here

I am seriously thinking about sending the Darts if they don't sale to WCCH and have them work the Darts and inspect the heads off the ASA since they are supposed to be worked. I know Brent Baurer (sp?) is supposed to be the **** with Darts but he wanted too much to work them to make them as good as X. When I could just sale them and get whatever from the start
Old 02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
no title here

Another thing is the springs on the Darts are good to like .630 lift so if I went with the Tsunami cam I would need new springs. Would the Torquer V2 be better for me than the Tsunami since the lift would be in line with my springs or maybe the MS3? I would probably have the Darts milled a little to bump the CR a little more. What seems to be a good CR for the LS1 with some decent heads? I was thinking maybe in the high 10s low 11 range would be perfect. Maybe mill them to a 58 cc chamber.....thoughts

Search this Thread