Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How big is the exhaust port on the ls6 heads?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How big is the exhaust port on the ls6 heads?

I'm about to order headers, but i need to know what size primary tube to get. I plan on getting the head/cam package from SLP (I believe they are the LS6 heads), so i was wondering if the exhaust port was bigger than the LS1 ports. If so, i obviously need to get a 1 7/8" header.

any other facts that would come in handy, or any corrections to my assumptions would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance
Old 11-05-2003, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Might want to confirm the SLP heads and cam package has LS6 castings. Ask them what casting number the heads have on them. 243 is the LS6 casting.

1 3/4 primary should be fine for the SLP heads and cam package. If it's a max effort build talk to some of the other sponsors like LG, Absolute, TEA ask about their new 2.5's, MTI etc With max effort 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 might work very nice.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Hey Black Bird---

how do you like those hooker lt's???

Are they coated? Are they rusted or starting ot look bad?
Old 11-05-2003, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

These are stock unported #s.

LS1 (853, 241) Ex port vol - 70cc
LS6 (243) Ex port vol - 75cc
Old 11-06-2003, 01:48 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any particular reason your going with the slp h/c package? dont seem to be many people running it.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jrp
any particular reason your going with the slp h/c package? dont seem to be many people running it.

Not really. It seens to be a nicely balanced package, a buddy of mine got it on his car and there was a big difference. I'm using SLP as a starting point, if and when i run into something better at a comparable price, I'll probably go with that.

do you have any suggestions???
Old 11-06-2003, 04:01 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by howiess2000
Not really. It seens to be a nicely balanced package, a buddy of mine got it on his car and there was a big difference. I'm using SLP as a starting point, if and when i run into something better at a comparable price, I'll probably go with that.

do you have any suggestions???
what comes in the slp package; specs and all and whats the price.

i've seen great numbers from absolute heads, patriot heads, TEA heads, ect. coupled with the right cam they've all been over 400rwhp and for a good price too. if you havent dropped the money down yet i'd look at all your options first, i dont know if the slp route would be the way to go.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jrp
what comes in the slp package; specs and all and whats the price.

i've seen great numbers from absolute heads, patriot heads, TEA heads, ect. coupled with the right cam they've all been over 400rwhp and for a good price too. if you havent dropped the money down yet i'd look at all your options first, i dont know if the slp route would be the way to go.
No, JRP, i havent bought heads/cam yet. This is the time to start researching and modifing your car in the windy city, (winter time you know) and i will definately check out those brands that you mentioned thanx alot

check out this page it may answer your questions about the specs:
http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...NUMBER=1250399
Old 11-06-2003, 04:31 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by howiess2000
No, JRP, i havent bought heads/cam yet. This is the time to start researching and modifing your car in the windy city, (winter time you know) and i will definately check out those brands that you mentioned thanx alot

check out this page it may answer your questions about the specs:
http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...NUMBER=1250399
it appears those are just ported ls1 heads, probably 241 castings. cam specs are alright.

since you still seem to be in the research stage keep the wallet closed and the eyes open . i suggest you do a lot of reading here in this forum as there are alot of guys with some bad *** H/C packages and they can help you out on specifics. also give a few sponsors a call, tell them what you want and they cam help you build an application around your budget.

i've yet to hear anyone dissatisfied with there absolute, patriot, or TEA heads and there prices are pretty damn good too.

me personally would go with a h/c package that has been proven and test and that alot of members have then go with another route (i.e slp). not to put down that package but i think you can do a lot better and would be happier in the long run. plus you could probably kick your buddies *** and possibly do it cheaper .

Quick Reply: How big is the exhaust port on the ls6 heads?