got me patriot heads today

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 03:30 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default got me patriot heads today

installing them now dyno tune next sat stay tuned

Last edited by pdd; 11-06-2003 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by pdd
installing them now dyno tune next sat stay tuned
Do you have an ASP pulley,LS6 intake, Ported TB, or any other mods besides the headers and exhaust? With pulley, intake and TB and the TR224 cam I wouldn't be surprised if you got over 430rwhp out of it. You did go with the LS6 style didn't you?
Old 11-06-2003, 06:43 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

i have an ls6 intake and an 80mm bbk throttle body. heads are in. think i blew a nut trying to tighten down those head bolts put the passenger side header in. no problem. get to the driver side header were everything is in the way and strip the last header bolt i put on. closest to the driver were of course is the hardest spot to work on the headers. its stuck half in and have out. cant get t he mother out im screwed. i need a mothin fu###in drink

u might be able to see it in this pic, the header bolt all the way to the right

http://www.picturejudge.com/memberpi...s/IM000229.JPG

o man im so pissed. i need to step back

Last edited by pdd; 11-06-2003 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pdd
i have an ls6 intake and an 80mm bbk throttle body. heads are in. think i blew a nut trying to tighten down those head bolts put the passenger side header in. no problem. get to the driver side header were everything is in the way and strip the last header bolt i put on. closest to the driver were of course is the hardest spot to work on the headers. its stuck half in and have out. cant get t he mother out im screwed. i need a mothin fu###in drink

u might be able to see it in this pic

If you can get on it with a set of vise grips I would try pulling back and trying to unscrew it and catch those last few threads that are holding it in but not allowing it to go in or out. Chances are now that you are gonna have to possibly put a oversized header bolt in there or put in a thread repair kit. It can be fixed I'm sure but it may or maynot require the removal of the cylinder head. Unfortunately that means probiably having to get a new head gasket. Once compressed even without being run I don't think they are reuseable but that is a question for somebody else.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Is the bolt going in slightly sideways? Like I said on the corvette forum, just get the bolt out, like described above and hopefully just a thread or two was messed up, otherwise a thread repair kit or oversized bolt, like listed above, maybe the only soulution. Good luck
Old 11-07-2003, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pdd

u might be able to see it in this pic, the header bolt all the way to the right

that sucks dude...im sure you will get it taken care of...