Sponsored by:

im disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 02:15 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I'm really sorry to see this again.I'm sure if you bring the car to Conn. they'll fix it.If not I can help you out because I hate seeing these results.
help would be great,thanks for the offer! right now i got the whole car apart again tryin to fix this damn pulley. i ordered an underdrive pulley and an upgraded oil pump (and yes i ordered another new bolt and a new oil pickup o ring)since all is ripped apart again. if the pulley comes off again,(i'll drive the car off a cliff(hehe)) I must have a stripped crank! if i get get the car up and running before the snow i give u a call slowhawk. if not then next spring
Old 11-16-2003, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Eastside did the tuning and the A/F was dead nuts! The car was on the dyno for over 2 hours as we were fighting electrical problems the entire time. These electrical problems were related to the significant amount of aftermarket electrical add ons which caused numerous tuning issues. Even with these issues East Side was able to properly tune the car! The car was on the dyno for at least 10 pulls. We did not need Autotap as we used the GM scanner. If you look at the graph posted it is run #5 - of course the A/f is off - the car was not even half way tuned. As many of you mentioned these guys are easily the most reputable and skilled LS1 guys in New England.

Dean
www.nedyno.com
www.dynotune.org
Old 11-16-2003, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

We it aint the dyno as my car has been there and the air fuel was perfect. As far as tuning I wouldnt know. Was this car street tuned before the dyno tune. Was it tuned under normal driving condtions on the street first? What electrical mods does he have? If he has one of those z06 MAF meters they can cause havoc. Even the SLP's can if not tuned right. By the look of the graph hes lean. At WOT hes 13.5 according to the graph. Thats lean. Dean will take care of this, he always does. But as mentioned slowhawk can help as well if you dont want to drive to CT.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:55 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 5-liter-eater
We it aint the dyno as my car has been there and the air fuel was perfect. As far as tuning I wouldnt know. Was this car street tuned before the dyno tune. Was it tuned under normal driving condtions on the street first? What electrical mods does he have? If he has one of those z06 MAF meters they can cause havoc. Even the SLP's can if not tuned right. By the look of the graph hes lean. At WOT hes 13.5 according to the graph. Thats lean. Dean will take care of this, he always does. But as mentioned slowhawk can help as well if you dont want to drive to CT.
car was never dynoed before this time. the positive on the battery came loose where my stereo wires were connected from reving the car to redline. the MAF meter is stock.
hey dean, can u send me the last dyno pull to vet92@aol.com. pat
Old 11-16-2003, 07:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

After you get your bolt situation fixed.See if Dean will run it again for a backup.I'm sure the #'s will be different,maybe better.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pdd
i managed only 386rwhp i thought i be at at least 420rwhp. and to top it off. my crank pulley backed off again. man thats the second time i put that pully back on there with a new bolt. any ideas guys???
Was the Dyno a Mustang or a Dynojet?
Old 11-17-2003, 01:45 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

dynojet
Old 12-26-2003, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

any news or updates on this car, just want to see what the average patriot heads make off the tsp dyno
Old 12-26-2003, 10:35 AM
Restricted User

I had mine tunes at the Vette Doctors in Long Island. It was a 900 mile round trip but was well worth it. Carmen is great and does not rush. He spent the better part of the day on mine and the price stayed the same. $299.00 can't beat that price for a dyno tune. The car wouldn't even idle when I got there.... Give them a call if you still have issues.