Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about doing making my LS1 a stroker, what results have you seen?

Old 10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about doing making my LS1 a stroker, what results have you seen?

I have a 99 Formula, and over the winter I plan on taking the motor out to do H/C/I. Ive got a some 243 heads that I had ported and they flow very good. I'm also putting in a brand new 12 bolt. I'll probably have the transmission beefed up as well.

Anyways, the car has gone 12.20s as it is now with headers, 3.73s, 2800 stall and a tune. I'm expecting to hit around 11.65 with the heads and cam, but after driving some 9 seconds cars and getting my NHRA license, my car is so boring. It will be a lot faster with the heads and cam, but I know that i'll want to make it faster. The class I bracket race in, I can only go 12.00 anyways, so Ill have it tuned down most of the time and the extra stuff will just be for fun.

I haven't talked to my tuner yet, but he will pick out all the best stuff. What did you guys end up doing? Results (dyno sheets, track times)?

Since the motor will already be out, and if I have the extra money, im probably going to do this.

Search this Thread