Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 engine and about to do cam install and need advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Steve, looks like your getting some good info from your post. Your starting out the right way by asking questions first, and I respect you for admitting your inexperience with engine building, Nothing to be ashamed about, we were all there at one time. I have 2 boys(well men), 28 & 23y/o who both attended college. Oldest graduated with a BA in Business, the younger boy finishing his AS in Fire Science. Oldest has great job,good $ all thanks to college. Younger is trying to make $ as best he can while juggling school. So I can relate to your financial situation, but also the desire for wanting to learn and build your engine. So this is what I will do to help you out. If you are 100% sure you want to install the comp cams 54-452-11 in your truck and find out what heads will work best with it so that you know all the work you will be doing will not be in vane, I will send you free of charge, postage paid, my 54-452-11 cam which I will be removing from my engine in mid Feb.2010. I can have it to you by the first of March2010. This is not BS. I have the original box, cam card, instructions, serial numbers. It has less then 5K miles on it and for your own peace of mind and about $50. you can take it to a shop that will magnaflux(check for cracks and any other inperfections) so you know that what your putting in has been fully inspected and reliable. I bought it Nov.2008 and I will even send you a copy of my receipt. Why would I do this? Am I crazy? No I'm not looney. I'd like to help you out by incouraging you to finish the project and I want the cam to go to a good home,lol. We can all help each other to keep hotrodding alive and strong. Nothing to lose for you and it will give you the start you need. I have helped both my kids with their rides and I get a kick seeing their ear to ear grin when they push down on that pedal. Let me know if you want it and only take it if your really going to use it. Otherwise I will find another home for it. Research and then decide. Good luck.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man that would be awesome. I am going to DEFINITELY consider that. I am researching all my possible options at the moment so I will let you know as soon as possible. Do you have an email I can reach you at just so I can write it down to contact you in feb or march? Mine is fendts@mail.gvsu.edu, so that way you can email me when you take it out.

But thank you very much for your offer and I would really appreciate it. As soon as you get that done do not hesitate to email me and let me know because there is a chance I will not get this project done till I graduate in April. Thanks again!

Also, Have you or anyone else heard of different/effective setup combinations for the LQ4 engine as far as cam and head setup?

Quick Reply: LQ4 engine and about to do cam install and need advice